This is kind of blowing my mind...

Well in certain games like Battlefield 3 and Metro 2033, I get this weird stuttering that only occurs when moving my mouse around. It's like the gun starts to twitch as I turn. I have consistently high FPS when this happens and low GPU temps. The strange thing is, when I go to record this with Fraps to show you guys, it completely stops and the game turns smoothly.

I am really confused and have no idea what is going on. Does anyone know anything about this?

Phenom 2 x4 Black Edition 3.2ghz
GTX 560 TI 1GB
8 GB RAM
7 answers Last reply
More about this kind blowing mind
  1. Hi,

Wired or wireless mouse?
    Video driver up to date ?

cpu hogged ?
  2. I have a wired Logitech G500 mouse and the most recent drivers.

With Metro 2033, I know for a fact that the stuttering is a part of the engine after researching and talking to others. I just don't understand how Fraps magically makes it go away.

Btw I can play other games like Crysis 2 perfectly fine. The aim is smooth with no issues.

Recon, that's not what I experience. I wish I could record this and show it because it's hard to explain, but like I said Fraps magically fixes it when I go to record. There is no lag in the game at all. Everything is fine it's just when I turn. You know how the gun follows you when you're turning? Well imagine the gun stuttering as it's turning with you. It doesn't happen when I aim down the sights though. The only time I don't experience it is when I play on the lowest setting which is odd because my PC can more than handle high.
  3. Don't you have a camera or a phone? You could capture the stutter with it and show us that way.
  4. Sunius said:
    Don't you have a camera or a phone? You could capture the stutter with it and show us that way.

I'm not experienced with recording and uploading so how would I get that on youtube?
  5. well, transfer the video to your computer first, then go to www.youtube.com and hit upload.
  6. I've been reinstalling BF3 to see if that could fix it and got to 99% until something popped up saying

"DirectX setup error: an internal error occurred"

I fixed it by following this

http://thebattlegrounds.org/index.php?/topic/4812-directx-internal-error-fix/

Wtf happened?
  7. Those issues aside, I downloaded some other software to record my in game footage. Well I don't know what the *** happened to the video but it is extremely choppy and laggy. Please bare in mind that I experienced none of this. The software just messed up. Watch in 1080p and fullscreen please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRc-qIWHis&feature=youtu.be

Just try to look at the gun and the way it stutters. That is kind of what I experience. I tried to aim down the scope to show that I don't experience it when zoomed, but the video is messed up. But remember, MY GAME DOES NOT LAG LIKE IN THE VIDEO. I ONLY experience the gun twitching. Try to imagine the game at 60fps but with the gun twitching like that with no lag.

Don't...
    Bump posts
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Graphics