What will be PSu for Intel i5 2300 and AMD readon 6700

kindly tell what POwer supply unit I should use for my Desktop, as I play game my computer get heated and generat lots of heat from psu.
Currently I am using general psu of 450 watt ,

My desktop configuration is

Intel i5 2300 3.30 ghz
4 * 4 ghz ram
2 hard disk
Amd HD readon 6700 2 Ghz graphic card
Creative Sount card
DVD writer
8 Usb port
2 usb 3 port
9 answers Last reply
More about what intel 2300 readon 6700
  1. You never specified exactly which AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series card you have.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6790 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 27 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6750 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 23 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

You may find power supplies on the market that supply more than enough Wattage to run the system. However, many of them lack the Amperage capacity on the critical +12 Volt rail, which is necessary to properly power the critical components in the system (i.e. CPU and GPUs). This is the reason why graphics card manufacturers overstate the power supply wattage, usually by at least 50 Watts, to take into account those power supplies that have the weaker +12 Volt rail(s).
  2. I would go with a 520w psu from Seasonic, its affordable and very reliable.
  3. Thanks brother for your reply, I have Ati amd Readon Hd 6770 graphic card, brother when I convert any video my cpu temperature cross above 85 c temp, kindly tell me which power supply I should use

Thank you,

ko888 said:
    You never specified exactly which AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series card you have.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6790 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 27 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6750 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 23 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

You may find power supplies on the market that supply more than enough Wattage to run the system. However, many of them lack the Amperage capacity on the critical +12 Volt rail, which is necessary to properly power the critical components in the system (i.e. CPU and GPUs). This is the reason why graphics card manufacturers overstate the power supply wattage, usually by at least 50 Watts, to take into account those power supplies that have the weaker +12 Volt rail(s).
  4. mdrehanazam said:
    Thanks brother for your reply, I have Ati amd Readon Hd 6770 graphic card, brother when I convert any video my cpu temperature cross above 85 c temp, kindly tell me which power supply I should use

Thank you,

Where do you purchase your computer components from and what is your SMPS budget?

Any reputable name brand (e.g. Antec, Corsair, Enermax, Seasonic, XFX) 450 Watt or greater power supply with a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and with at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector is what you will need.
  5. yes well we need to know what country u live in and what website ull be using to purchase ur items to see whats avaible for u and ur budget :)
  6. First i thanks to all for your response,
    i stay in india
    My budget is Rs:6000
    And i have A assambles Pc
    Intel i5 2300 processor
    Asus P8z77-m mother board
    Amd Readon Hd 6770 2 gb ddr 3 Graphic card
    And Zebronic 6 gb DDr3 Ram

Thanks ,
  7. http://www.flipkart.com/seasonic-s12ii-620-watts-psu/p/itmd5xz46hjzzrax?pid=PSUD5XZ4GCGRASAY&ref=ae5a7bf8-48ae-4bbf-9a56-13a610729708

5340$ rupees, and its a seasonic 620watt ps very good, seasonic is top quality not many other contenders for best powersupply manufacturer ;)
  8. will be good enought to power ur pc and possible new upgrades
  9. mdrehanazam said:
    First i thanks to all for your response,
    i stay in india
    My budget is Rs:6000
    And i have A assambles Pc
    Intel i5 2300 processor
    Asus P8z77-m mother board
    Amd Readon Hd 6770 2 gb ddr 3 Graphic card
    And Zebronic 6 gb DDr3 Ram

Thanks ,

From flipkart.com the following SMPS is more than sufficient to power your system configuration:

Seasonic S12II 430 Watts for Rs. 3565 (Price inclusive of taxes)
    http://www.flipkart.com/seasonic-s12ii-430-watts-psu/p/itmd5xz5bzevdbzp?pid=PSUD5XZ4PQNBPMES&ref=306b444b-07f7-40b9-be59-df62c812c449
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Desktops Intel i5 Components