Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What will be PSu for Intel i5 2300 and AMD readon 6700

Last response: in Components
Share
December 13, 2012 8:14:01 AM

kindly tell what POwer supply unit I should use for my Desktop, as I play game my computer get heated and generat lots of heat from psu.
Currently I am using general psu of 450 watt ,

My desktop configuration is

Intel i5 2300 3.30 ghz
4 * 4 ghz ram
2 hard disk
Amd HD readon 6700 2 Ghz graphic card
Creative Sount card
DVD writer
8 Usb port
2 usb 3 port
a c 1180 ) Power supply
December 13, 2012 7:22:26 PM

You never specified exactly which AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series card you have.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6790 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 27 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6750 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 23 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

You may find power supplies on the market that supply more than enough Wattage to run the system. However, many of them lack the Amperage capacity on the critical +12 Volt rail, which is necessary to properly power the critical components in the system (i.e. CPU and GPUs). This is the reason why graphics card manufacturers overstate the power supply wattage, usually by at least 50 Watts, to take into account those power supplies that have the weaker +12 Volt rail(s).
m
0
l
December 13, 2012 7:32:42 PM

I would go with a 520w psu from Seasonic, its affordable and very reliable.
m
0
l
Related resources
December 15, 2012 6:07:29 PM

Thanks brother for your reply, I have Ati amd Readon Hd 6770 graphic card, brother when I convert any video my cpu temperature cross above 85 c temp, kindly tell me which power supply I should use

Thank you,





ko888 said:
You never specified exactly which AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series card you have.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6790 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 27 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6770 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 6750 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 450 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 23 Amps or greater and have at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

You may find power supplies on the market that supply more than enough Wattage to run the system. However, many of them lack the Amperage capacity on the critical +12 Volt rail, which is necessary to properly power the critical components in the system (i.e. CPU and GPUs). This is the reason why graphics card manufacturers overstate the power supply wattage, usually by at least 50 Watts, to take into account those power supplies that have the weaker +12 Volt rail(s).

m
0
l
a c 1180 ) Power supply
December 15, 2012 6:50:02 PM

mdrehanazam said:
Thanks brother for your reply, I have Ati amd Readon Hd 6770 graphic card, brother when I convert any video my cpu temperature cross above 85 c temp, kindly tell me which power supply I should use

Thank you,

Where do you purchase your computer components from and what is your SMPS budget?

Any reputable name brand (e.g. Antec, Corsair, Enermax, Seasonic, XFX) 450 Watt or greater power supply with a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 25 Amps or greater and with at least one 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector is what you will need.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
December 15, 2012 7:12:25 PM

yes well we need to know what country u live in and what website ull be using to purchase ur items to see whats avaible for u and ur budget :) 
m
0
l
December 17, 2012 3:23:41 PM

First i thanks to all for your response,
i stay in india
My budget is Rs:6000
And i have A assambles Pc
Intel i5 2300 processor
Asus P8z77-m mother board
Amd Readon Hd 6770 2 gb ddr 3 Graphic card
And Zebronic 6 gb DDr3 Ram

Thanks ,
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
December 17, 2012 3:54:03 PM

will be good enought to power ur pc and possible new upgrades
m
0
l
a c 1180 ) Power supply
December 17, 2012 4:54:55 PM

mdrehanazam said:
First i thanks to all for your response,
i stay in india
My budget is Rs:6000
And i have A assambles Pc
Intel i5 2300 processor
Asus P8z77-m mother board
Amd Readon Hd 6770 2 gb ddr 3 Graphic card
And Zebronic 6 gb DDr3 Ram

Thanks ,

From flipkart.com the following SMPS is more than sufficient to power your system configuration:

Seasonic S12II 430 Watts for Rs. 3565 (Price inclusive of taxes)
http://www.flipkart.com/seasonic-s12ii-430-watts-psu/p/...
m
0
l
!