Nokia 6230 Not charging with in car kit

Hi

I have just got a car kit fitted for the phone, and it only attaches to the
phone by the pop-port, there is not a part that plugs in where your charger
goes.

However each time I put the phone in the kit, the phone flashes up on the
screen "STOP phone not charging"

Can anyone tell me why this is happening. Is the phone able to charge
through the pop-port, and if it does, any idea when it isn't and I am
getting this message?

Cheers
2 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 charging

    "AndyMc" <thekillieboy@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have just got a car kit fitted for the phone, and it only attaches to
    the
    > phone by the pop-port, there is not a part that plugs in where your
    charger
    > goes.
    >
    > However each time I put the phone in the kit, the phone flashes up on the
    > screen "STOP phone not charging"
    >
    > Can anyone tell me why this is happening. Is the phone able to charge
    > through the pop-port, and if it does, any idea when it isn't and I am
    > getting this message?
    >
    > Cheers

    You have not said what car kit you have!
    The quickest way is to take it back to who fitted it and ask.

    John..

    "AndyMc" <thekillieboy@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have just got a car kit fitted for the phone, and it only attaches to
    the
    > phone by the pop-port, there is not a part that plugs in where your
    charger
    > goes.

    The phone charges through the pop-port.

    > However each time I put the phone in the kit, the phone flashes up on the
    > screen "STOP phone not charging"

    Depending on your car kit and how it was installed, you will have to have
    the ignition on for it to charge. You can also turn off ignition sensing in
    the accessories menu of your phone.

    The phone will only charge if it needs to. The battery may be already full,
    however on mine it says "Battery Full".

    There might be a loose contact on the pop-port. Make sure the phone in is
    securely and the lead attaching to the holder is plugged in firmly.

    Adam

Nokia Phones