What graphic card can i put in my pc?

Pc info
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Vostro VOSTRO_200
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz (im just copying off the info chart cause i dont knwo much about pc)
Memory: 2.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Windows: Vista home basic

So i am a moderate gamer and i play fps games. but some games with good graphics wont work. i asked my friend and he said its cause of my pc's crappy graphics card. so i was wondering if i need to get a new graphics card and if i do which one.

im just gonna copy and paste this for people who wants more info. idk if it'll help.

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Model Vostro 200
Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2
64-bit capable Yes

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 1164 GB
Disk partition (C:) 54 GB Free (223 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 4 GB Free (10 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
Disk partition (F:) 368 GB Free (932 GB Total)

Graphics

Display adapter type Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Total available graphics memory 287 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
Dedicated system memory 128 MB
Shared system memory 159 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.14.10.1322
Primary monitor resolution 1280x960
DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Network

Network Adapter Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection
Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter
10 answers Last reply
More about what graphic card
  1. Which games do you want to play? What is your budget? How big is your power supply unit? Is your computer case standard size?
  2. i'd go with HD 6770.
  3. Sunius said:
    Which games do you want to play? What is your budget? How big is your power supply unit? Is your computer case standard size?

+1 to all of that.
  4. Budget doesn't really matter. But $100-$200 would be nice. You have to explain to me about the power supply unit. And I think it's standard size case. Not sure. But it's about the same size as most pc
  5. It has 300w psu but I have another pc with a 380 psu.
  6. a 6770 and 6670 cool choice for happy gaming
  7. Well, you have two options.

1. Closer to $100 option. Get HD 7750. That's the fastest card you can get without a power supply upgrade.
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 - $109.99

2. $200 option. Get a new power supply and HD 6870 with it.

HIS Radeon HD 6870 - $169.99
    Corsair CX 500 - $59.99

Total: $229.98 BEFORE rebates. Gets lower after them

You really get what you pay for. HD 6870 is around 60% faster. Can't really tell you more because you didn't say which games you played. Also, is your resolution really 1280x960? I have never ever seen a monitor with such resolution! Are you using your native resolution?
  8. his this version is no good choice i recommend go for sapphire version for good support
  9. If I get a new computer frame do I also need to get a new motherboard or can I move my motherboard from this of to the new frame
  10. u mean to say a new case may be not because this card not big as u think it will
    easily fit in any case
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Vostro Graphics Product