What do you think of this build!

WantedChaos

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Hello everybody,on the 1st of Aug i will ordering my first build.And i just want to know your opinions on it,tell me what you think.

Intel CPU Core i7 2600k
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard
3GB MSI Radeon HD 7970 OC
Corsair TX750 V2 750W Power Supply
16GB 2X8GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Ram
Seagate 2TB Barracuda 6GB/s 64MB
Samsung SH-222BB/RSMS 22x DVD Writer SATA
Antec KUHLER H2O 620 CPU Liquid Cooler 2
NZXT Phantom White/Red LED Full

Thanks guys!

obsama1

Distinguished
Is this for gaming? If it is, then a bit unbalanced. Save money and get the i5-3570K which has the same performance as the i7 for $100 less. An OC'ed GPU is a bad decision. You're paying more for what you can basically do yourself. 16GB of RAM is unneeded. 8GB is good enough. I'd recommend a Noctua D14 air cooler which has very good performance.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
TheBigTroll.......Azathoth is making a general statement, not trying to push any brand and I'm sure the Agility 3 is running just fine on his system :)

WantedChaos - as SSD is indeed one of the best upgrades you can do! though for routine image backup purposes (e.g. acronis or ghost) you may want 80-128 minimum so that your OS and bread & butter programs can all sit on the SSD....allowing you to backup the lot to 1 image. SSD's have come down alot (certainly over this range). It might be better to do this now rather than having to reinstall windows + all your programs later.

Other than that, it's a pretty powerful system you have listed!!
You can of course save some money by, as obsama1 said, reducing memory to 8GB (unless you need 16GB e.g. audio/video production, ramdrive), or by looking at a normal 7970 and overclocking it yourself (lots of advice on the web), going down 1 step from the 2600, and, does the system really need a 750W psu?....I'm not sure (even overclocking the 2600) - do check out psu calculator sites e.g. Corsair, Asus, thermaltake. These are only thoughts - of course, if you have a use for all that you have listed then all is very good - even if you didnt, you do have headroom - which is always good!!