Need recommendations on printing digital photos

Last response: in Digital Camera
August 24, 2005 1:59:04 AM

Hello. I am a photographer. I have done research online trying to find
the best place to develop my digital photos. I've done Walmart, but
they don't offer sizes I want (10x13,16x20, and canvas). In my
research, I've found places like mpix.com and photoworks.com, but don't
know enough about them to make a final decision. I would like some
feedback from anyone who knows anything about these places, as well as
recommendations of where online I can get these sizes developed,
canvases, and standard size prints all at one place.

Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 12:17:53 PM

I've had good luck with snapfish.com and shutterfly.com.

I think shutterfly may adjust for more saturation though. Ran in to
trouble on some free portraits that I printed for some friends.
Latino's in sunlight are already pretty saturated.

I'd love to try out some other sites also. Think I'll try mpix, and
ezprints.

BTW, shutterfly uses Fuji crystal archive, snapfish uses Kodak
something or other.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 3:43:38 PM

Tommy wrote:
> Hello. I am a photographer. I have done research online trying to find
> the best place to develop my digital photos. I've done Walmart, but
> they don't offer sizes I want (10x13,16x20, and canvas). In my
> research, I've found places like mpix.com and photoworks.com, but
> don't know enough about them to make a final decision. I would like
> some feedback from anyone who knows anything about these places, as
> well as recommendations of where online I can get these sizes
> developed, canvases, and standard size prints all at one place.
>

> Thanks in advance!

Do you need fast turn around time? Do you need low cost, or high
quality. I suggest checking local camera stores. I have a local camera
chain that offers a variety of services and very good quality. I can
upload images to them and then pick up the results in a short time any any
of their locations, three of which are within two miles of my home.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
August 24, 2005 5:18:46 PM

Tommy <tcarpentier78@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I am a photographer. I have done research online trying to find
> the best place to develop my digital photos. I've done Walmart, but
> they don't offer sizes I want (10x13,16x20, and canvas). In my
> research, I've found places like mpix.com and photoworks.com, but don't
> know enough about them to make a final decision. I would like some
> feedback from anyone who knows anything about these places, as well as
> recommendations of where online I can get these sizes developed,
> canvases, and standard size prints all at one place.

For large prints [anything above 5x7], I have found MPix to be of high
quality and with excellent prices. They are only so-so with pricing on
smaller prints.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
August 24, 2005 6:16:17 PM

In article <1124859544.088045.172180@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Tommy" <tcarpentier78@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. I am a photographer. I have done research online trying to find
> the best place to develop my digital photos. I've done Walmart, but
> they don't offer sizes I want (10x13,16x20, and canvas). In my
> research, I've found places like mpix.com and photoworks.com, but don't
> know enough about them to make a final decision. I would like some
> feedback from anyone who knows anything about these places, as well as
> recommendations of where online I can get these sizes developed,
> canvases, and standard size prints all at one place.

http://ezprints.com/

They do those sizes on Fuji Crystal Paper (film).

Excellent prints. They even send you a color sample so you can color
match your digital images.
!