CIRAS.OCX missing

See earlier post.

I have got to the point where i can set up an Internet connection. It
fails because CIRAS.OCX is missing. I have the win98SE install disk.
is there any chance that I can restore this file and not have to lose
the O/S and application software?

Colin

CIRAS.OCX is from Crescent Division of Progress Software Corp. It is not a
part of Windows XP.

Download CIRAS.OCX
http://www.dynamiclink.nl/htmfiles/rframes/info_ocx/info_c/41.htm

Try a Windows 98 newsgroup.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:576071tal0t7tm7c9ogisc00pakv540sav@4ax.com,
Colin Bearfield <c.bearfield@ntlworld.com> hunted and pecked:
> See earlier post.
>
> I have got to the point where i can set up an Internet connection. It
> fails because CIRAS.OCX is missing. I have the win98SE install disk.
> is there any chance that I can restore this file and not have to lose
> the O/S and application software?
>
> Colin

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:22:40 -0600, "Wesley Vogel"
<123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:

>CIRAS.OCX is from Crescent Division of Progress Software Corp. It is not a
>part of Windows XP.
>
>Download CIRAS.OCX
>http://www.dynamiclink.nl/htmfiles/rframes/info_ocx/info_c/41.htm

Many thanks.

I did try to download the file even though there is a message saying
that downloads are disabled. It came up with a full screen saying
"ERROR DETECTED". There was a paypal problem with the seller, so I
expect it was a commercial transaction. I don't know why the Tiscali
CD baulked at this missing file if its not part of Win98. If it's
part of Tiscali install it would be on the CD, wouldn't it?

I did contact Tiscali install help centre which is in India, but
communication was difficult. They gave me advice that would open me an
account but wouldn't get me online. Not much good.

>Try a Windows 98 newsgroup.

I shall look for one. I only use XP myself. Even I re-install is not
going to get past this problem, is it?

Colin