Sign in with
Your question

Best GAMING CPU Under 140 Pounds

Last response: in CPUs
December 13, 2012 7:56:32 PM

Well i just brought the AMD II x4 945 95w Quad Core processor, and i was just thinking if i should upgrade.

I have started fresh i know i only got this 3 weeks ago but i was wondering if either i should use this one i already have @3.00 GHz & OC it // or go for a whole new CPU ?

More about : gaming cpu 140 pounds

a b à CPUs
a b 4 Gaming
December 13, 2012 8:08:27 PM

TheGamblerUK said:
Well i just brought the AMD II x4 945 95w Quad Core processor, and i was just thinking if i should upgrade.

I have started fresh i know i only got this 3 weeks ago but i was wondering if either i should use this one i already have @3.00 GHz & OC it // or go for a whole new CPU ?

It's still a decent CPU. If you really would like to upgrade, then you should take a look at the new FX-6300. It's better in gaming than the i3-3220. :) 
January 23, 2014 7:54:19 AM

What GPU are you using?

it will make a difference but for 100$ you can get the AMD APU A8 6600k

ifyou want to game the CPU wont make a big difference so you want to to spend more on the GPU than the CPU.
How to choose a CPU for a build
Choosing a CPU for a new build can be a confusing process , for those that have experience in building computers and have used different CPUs you pretty much have a favorite brand or know the capabilities of the different brands. For those that it's... See full content
!