Psu wattage

Hi!
I'm building my first computer and I want a comment about the configuration from an expert. I also need an advice for the psu wattage, because I really don't know how much I need.

Motherboard: GA-Z77X-D3H
CPU: Intel i5 3570k
CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper TX3
GPU: GTX 660ti
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8, 1600)
HDD: WD Black
SSD: 120 gb ssd (I will buy later) and a Muskin msata 60 gb
-An optical drive
-Tp link Wireless adapter N
-A card reader/usb header (+case usb)
-6+ fans
-Capture card (possible)
So, I need help choosing the Psu wattage (and a comment about the configurantion, please!!)
13 answers Last reply
More about wattage
  1. the configuration is nice, except id get a coolermaster hyper 212 evo instead for maybe 20$ more totally worth it for future overclocking or keeping it cool.

    also id recommand a decent powersupply such as:


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817103056

    or

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438006

    both very good for ur pc and future upgrading

    heres a link to the coolermaster cpu heatsink i recommanded.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

    rest seems solid
  2. It's a good build.Though I'd personally either take a GTX660 or GTX670 (GTX660 Ti is a bit too close to the GTX660 to justify the extra cost in my opinion) I would also switch CPU Cooler:COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099
  3. Here is Guru3Ds power supply recommendation:

    GeForce GTX 660 Ti - On your average system the card requires you to have a 450~500 Watt power supply unit.
    GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI - On your average system the cards require you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

    If you are going to overclock GPU or processor, then we do recommend you purchase something with some more stamina.Source: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_660_ti_power_editon_oc_review,7.html Power supply recommendation: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013
  4. iceclock said:
    the configuration is nice, except id get a coolermaster hyper 212 evo instead for maybe 20$ more totally worth it for future overclocking or keeping it cool.

    also id recommand a decent powersupply such as:


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817103056

    or

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438006

    both very good for ur pc and future upgrading

    heres a link to the coolermaster cpu heatsink i recommanded.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

    rest seems solid


    Thanks!

    I've just one problem with the cooler (I was looking for this one). In Brazil, the best case I can afford is an Aerocool Xpredator x1 (http://www.aerocool.com.tw/index.php/products/chassis/28-pgsb/207-xpredator-x1-black-edition), here all things you can imagine are very expensive (Some parts I'm going to buy in US, but I can't bring a case or a psu...). The problem is the cooler height: the case supports limit of 158mm height coolers, and this one is 158.5mm. I don't know if half milimeter won't let me use this cooler, but I'm afraid it won't fit. Is there any equivalent cooler, but shorter?

    Is a Corsair tx650w psu enough? I don't pretend to overclock or use more than one gpu. Maybe a small upgrade, not a big one. (The same problem, I can't afford a silver or gold psu here... I didn't even find Sparkle here.. :( )
  5. bigcyco1 said:
    It's a good build.Though I'd personally either take a GTX660 or GTX670 (GTX660 Ti is a bit too close to the GTX660 to justify the extra cost in my opinion) I would also switch CPU Cooler:COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099



    Hi!

    My case doesn't suppor more than 158mm height coolers, an this one is 158.5.. Is half milimeter a problem, or can I use this cooler without any issues?
  6. bigcyco1 said:
    Here is Guru3Ds power supply recommendation:

    GeForce GTX 660 Ti - On your average system the card requires you to have a 450~500 Watt power supply unit.
    GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI - On your average system the cards require you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

    If you are going to overclock GPU or processor, then we do recommend you purchase something with some more stamina.Source: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_660_ti_power_editon_oc_review,7.html Power supply recommendation: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013


    Is a Corsair TX650 enough, so? (I can't afford a gold/silver, or even find this brand in Brazil!!.....)
    Thanks!
  7. fifoluongo said:
    Is a Corsair TX650 enough, so? (I can't afford a gold/silver, or even find this brand in Brazil!!.....)
    Thanks!
    Yes it's enough ;)
  8. you can always get a cooler thats more compact, those low-profile coolers work good also,
  9. bigcyco1 said:
    Yes it's enough ;)


    even with all the fans, right?
  10. iceclock said:
    you cant always get a cooler thats more compact, those low-profile coolers work good also,



    Maybe I get a better case than aerocool, so I can buy a 212 EVO without problems!


    Thanks!
  11. list your choices or the website u use thanks.
  12. iceclock said:
    list your choices or the website u use thanks.


    I found a Corsair ATX Carbide 500R and a Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, both for the same and "greate" price. These cases fit the cooler, right? In US the Carbide 500R is more expensive, so I think is better buy the corsair instead of cooler master case if they are for the same price..

    Is a 650w psu enough for this configuration? I don't want to overclock my CPU neither my GPU, but I will probably use more than 5 fans and connect some usb devices and a capture card... (I also want some clearance between my usage and maximum psu power)

    Thanks!
  13. yeah 650 should be more than enought :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product