MAX safe temp for POWERCOLOR HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.

darshak_bhatti

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
hello.....i hav powercolor hd 6870 with i7 3770 ......dz77sl-50k mobo....8gig ram....my ambient temp is arnd 33-38 C....so i wanna ask ...what is safe temp for my powercolor hd 6870???

Solution
i also wrote safe temp i didn't wrote okay or danger i wrote safe temp

safe temp when idle it will be around 35-42C it is safe can you imagine if it go higher the 50 at idle load what will be the temp on load.
safe temp when load it will be around 55-60C it is the safe temp on load if it go higher then 65C it could damage the card.
I know because because experianced it.
I also had a GTX 465 it goes just 70C and in 6 month approx. it stopped working. I go to the service center they said you card is fried and the repairing cost is 4600INR and if i buy a new card it will be 9800INR.

I'm saying you're mis-informed. almost every GPU on the market have a temperature ceiling of 105. some people will say up to 95C can be a safe...
safe temp when idle it will be around 35-42C
safe temp when load it will be around 55-60C

edited part- It also Same for CPU too.
oh it can go much higher than 60C on load... you'll pretty much need to go to 85-90C to start damaging the card. I would call anything below 75C comfortable

download something like MSI afterburner, and use it to set a custom fan profile to your liking. should help with cooling :)

darshak_bhatti

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

i use SpeedFan....as my ambient temp is high ...I have to speed up my cpu fan too.......i read a post on this website saying......radeon cards can go to 120....and below 90 is gr8....and 95 is the temp when u shld worry......in that post ambient temp was 20-25 C...

i also wrote safe temp i didn't wrote okay or danger i wrote safe temp

safe temp when idle it will be around 35-42C it is safe can you imagine if it go higher the 50 at idle load what will be the temp on load.
safe temp when load it will be around 55-60C it is the safe temp on load if it go higher then 65C it could damage the card.
I know because because experianced it.
I also had a GTX 465 it goes just 70C and in 6 month approx. it stopped working. I go to the service center they said you card is fried and the repairing cost is 4600INR and if i buy a new card it will be 9800INR.

I'm saying you're mis-informed. almost every GPU on the market have a temperature ceiling of 105. some people will say up to 95C can be a safe temperature. there is absolutely NO WAY 65C is a bad temp.

first of all, the OP is asking about a 6870, which is different from your 465 in many ways (including Nvidia vs AMD). that aside, It's likely your 465 fried because it was a lemon/damaged during shipping, or the cooler was poorly designed, which usually means they didn't put on a heat spreader on the VRM, or the VRM heat-spreaders fell off, causing the VRM to overheat (that can go to like 120C without heat spreaders)...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.