Setting the same default background for all users

April 28, 2005 7:06:06 AM

How do I modify XP so that all new user accounts display the same windows
background as a default?
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 6:06:58 PM

"nsd333333" <nsd333333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I modify XP so that all new user accounts display the same
> windows
> background as a default?

Load the ntuser.dat file under Documents and Settings\Default into the
registry and make the appropriate change.

For example,

1. Open the registry editor.
2. Highlight "HKLM"
3. Go to "File" on the toolbar and select "Load Hive"
4. Find and select "ntuser.dat" c:\documets and settings\default user
and click "Open".
5. Enter "Default" as the hive name.
6. Navigate to:
HKLM\Default\Control Panel\Desktop
7. In the right-hand pane, locate "Wallpaper" and modify the location of
the Background image you want,
8. Highlight "HKLM\Default"
9. Go to "File" on the toolbar and select "Unload Hive"
10. Exit the Registry Editor.

Good Luck

--
William