Sign in with
Your question

Fractal design Arc Midi side panel issues -.-

Last response: in Components
December 13, 2012 8:59:54 PM

So I'm watching a video of an unboxing and following it step for step. I've just removed the two thumb screws on the side panel, but it won't come out. I've pulled outwards and back, back, everything I could think of, but its just stuck in there tight. I'm hesitant to use a screwdriver to pry it off for fear of breaking something. Any suggestions? : /
December 13, 2012 9:25:35 PM

I believe this is the case in question (http://www.anandtech.com/show/4878/fractal-design-arc-m...).

If you look at the bottom bezel of the case, you'll see rectangular hole that the side panel hooks into. Generally, you'll want to push the siding to the rear of the case, towards the power supply, then slightly pull up.

Hopefully, the panel will come loose.
m
l
December 13, 2012 9:36:14 PM

sevacallDOTcom said:
I believe this is the case in question (http://www.anandtech.com/show/4878/fractal-design-arc-m...).

If you look at the bottom bezel of the case, you'll see rectangular hole that the side panel hooks into. Generally, you'll want to push the siding to the rear of the case, towards the power supply, then slightly pull up.

Hopefully, the panel will come loose.

What is the bottom bezel? You mean the bottom of the case?
m
l
Related resources
December 13, 2012 10:20:19 PM

sevacallDOTcom said:
I am referring to this image (http://images.anandtech.com/doci/4878/s-interior.jpg)

I meant the bottom edge of the side panel.

Oh lol. The side panel that's off in that picture is exactly the one I can't get off on my case.

And yeah, I am pushing the panel towards the rear of the case and pulling out a bit....it doesn't budge at all....
m
l
December 13, 2012 10:23:44 PM

Have you tried removing the other side panel and looking inside the case to see if there are any obstructions preventing the siding from being removed?
m
l
December 13, 2012 10:41:41 PM

sevacallDOTcom said:
Have you tried removing the other side panel and looking inside the case to see if there are any obstructions preventing the siding from being removed?

Yup. None that I can see, I've been looking around in there with a flashlight : /
m
l
December 13, 2012 10:48:50 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Have you tried placing the case on its back (the exhaust fan on the ground) then rattling and shaking the case, slightly hitting the front panel?

It's definitely an odd problem, but it might require an odd solution =P.
m
l
December 13, 2012 11:28:52 PM

All right! I finally got it off! One problem though. I put it back on and it was almost as hard to get off the second time. If I put delicate parts in this thing, will it be okay to jiggle and knock on the side panel? Or should I avoid the risk of damaging my components and get a new case altogether?
m
l
December 13, 2012 11:34:28 PM

You shouldn't have to get a new case.

Maybe take the panel on and off a couple times before you put any hardware inside to loosen things up.

Glad you were able to get it off.
m
l
!