I have a weird problem, not sure when it started. My mouse will randomly double click lightning-fast when I single click, also my keyboard will occasionally hold down a key when pressed until another key is pressed. My keyboard and mouse are both standard typical OEM keyboards that come with your average PC.
Things I have tried to fix it:
- Changing USB ports
- Removing USB Hub
- Removing all other USB devices
- Using a different keyboard and mouse
- Uninstalling every piece of software I've installed in the last 6 months
- Running virus scans with Norton, Kaspersky, and Avast (None detected, boot scans and normal scans)
- Used a program called "KeyboardTest" to make sure I wasn't just imagining it
- Deleted all keyboard/mouse related software
- Downgraded and/or updated drivers
- Deleted drivers completely and re-installed
- Ran sfc /scannow in case of corruption
I posted this a number of months ago and the first response I got was "Re-install Windows." That's not really a solution and not an option as I have nowhere to backup to. I really need help here, the double clicking is driving me crazy.
Ok this is going to sound weird but after further review my mouse isn't exactly "double clicking per se, I mean it is but it's also moving positions, so say I'm in an FPS for example (which I don't play much of thus why I'm just noticing this now) sometimes when I click it will click once, move the mouse diagonally, then click again, almost instantaneously. In games where you right click to adjust the camera angle it's extremely noticeable because when you initially right click your camera will move instantly as if you were dragging the mouse into the top right corner of the screen.
Edit: Just in case someone mentions it; the SnapTo function is not on.