Windows 7 and Samba Issue

samba_0708

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I had a problem with Widows 7 and SAMBA server versiion 2.2.7. I Windows 7 OS I had issue with was 32 bits OS. After setting LMCompatibilityLevel to >=2, the problem was resolved.

I need to now use same SAMBER server v. 2.2.7 with Windows 7 64 bits OS. In 64 bits OS, I didn't see LMCompatibilityLevel registry key, so I created one and sat it to one, then I restarted my machine then try to use it but it is unable to estable the connection. Not sure what else is different in Windows 7 64 bits OS.

Please help if anyone knows the solution/fix.

thank you

samba_0708

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
re-phrasing my question:

I had a problem with Widows 7 32 bits operating system and SAMBA server versiion 2.2.7. Windows 7 32 bits OS was unable to map drive to another machine where SAMBA serve was installed. After setting LMCompatibilityLevel to 2 or less, the problem was resolved.

I need to now use same SAMBER server v. 2.2.7 with Windows 7 64 bits OS. In 64 bits OS, I didn't see LMCompatibilityLevel registry key, so I created one and sat it to one, then I restarted my machine then try to use it but it is unable to estable the connection/Map drive. Not sure what else is different in Windows 7 64 bits OS.

Please help if anyone knows the solution/fix.

TRENDING THREADS