A few days ago I touched my mouse and got a massive shock, it almost felt dangerous for me...(my Condo in Canada is very dry in the winter). After this shock I started having pc problems: my mouse buttons would work on certain parts of the screen GUI but not others, then I would reboot and it might work for a while. It seemed my mouse worked fine and it seemed like a software problem because the mouse would not work on the task bar but would work else where, it was very strange. I should explain that at this point the mouse pointer moved fine, I just had trouble with the mouse buttons not working on certain parts of the screen GUI. I decided to format and reinstall windows.
Still I had mouse problems so I bought a new cordless micrsoft 4000 mouse. Now I get lag on my mouse response (pointer and buttons) during games and when my computer is very "busy" (downloading and using multple screens or programs). Another example is during Star Craft II my mouse lags very much....Before I had no lag at ALL.
I have a good pc, specs below. I never had lag like this before and Im confused...Any ideas? Did I fry my motherboard? Ive never used a cordless mouse, do they have lag problems? (good new battery)
I did reinstall video drivers and mouse drivers and try various other USB ports...