Desktop Picture doesn't show

I have this problem, i recently changed the wallpaper to another picture
using the display properties dialogue. But the picture didn't show all it is
is a solid colour, when i turn off my computer the picture temporarily shows
and then the same when i turn it on. I think something has gone wrong with
the settings could anyone help. Oh and it's not spyware or any trojans as i
ran checks for those already.
3 answers Last reply
More about desktop picture doesn show

    When you were in Display Properties>Desktop>Background and selected a new
    picture did you click on Apply, Ok.?
    "LWebber89" <LWebber89@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have this problem, i recently changed the wallpaper to another picture
    > using the display properties dialogue. But the picture didn't show all it
    > is
    > is a solid colour, when i turn off my computer the picture temporarily
    > shows
    > and then the same when i turn it on. I think something has gone wrong with
    > the settings could anyone help. Oh and it's not spyware or any trojans as
    > ran checks for those already.

    Active desktop is on. Your other desktop image is beneath it.

    "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
    > When you were in Display Properties>Desktop>Background and selected a new
    > picture did you click on Apply, Ok.?
    > "LWebber89" <LWebber89@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>I have this problem, i recently changed the wallpaper to another picture
    >> using the display properties dialogue. But the picture didn't show all it
    >> is
    >> is a solid colour, when i turn off my computer the picture temporarily
    >> shows
    >> and then the same when i turn it on. I think something has gone wrong
    >> with
    >> the settings could anyone help. Oh and it's not spyware or any trojans as
    >> ran checks for those already.

    How do I disable the active desktop? When I right click on the desktop
    nothing happens. Thx.

    "Qwerty" <noone@noplace.com> wrote in message
    > Active desktop is on. Your other desktop image is beneath it.
    >
    > "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> When you were in Display Properties>Desktop>Background and selected a new
    >> picture did you click on Apply, Ok.?
    >> "LWebber89" <LWebber89@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>>I have this problem, i recently changed the wallpaper to another picture
    >>> using the display properties dialogue. But the picture didn't show all
    >>> it is
    >>> is a solid colour, when i turn off my computer the picture temporarily
    >>> shows
    >>> and then the same when i turn it on. I think something has gone wrong
    >>> with
    >>> the settings could anyone help. Oh and it's not spyware or any trojans
    >>> as i
    >>> ran checks for those already.

Configuration Desktops Customization Windows XP