Socket FM2 heat sink fan help!

Bastid17

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I have an AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D with an ASUS F2A85-V PRO FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard and I am not finding a variety of aftermarket heat sink fans... i have not o c this machine yet because it runs hot with a stock cooler. Do i need to wait a little longer for manufacturers to catch up or buy something i really dont like? Just curious... TIA

Solution
Greetings human,

I believe the FM2 retention bracket is the same as FM1, and the FM1 is the same as AM3+ . The point im making is AMD has not made any changes to the retention bracket, so as long as the cooler is AM3 compatible your good to go.

Edit: Or even AM2 compatible, a good cooler would be the Hyper 212 EVO. Just make sure your computer case can support it. And if your wondering....yes I am a fox on a computer.... :hello:

socialfox

Distinguished
Greetings human,

I believe the FM2 retention bracket is the same as FM1, and the FM1 is the same as AM3+ . The point im making is AMD has not made any changes to the retention bracket, so as long as the cooler is AM3 compatible your good to go.

Edit: Or even AM2 compatible, a good cooler would be the Hyper 212 EVO. Just make sure your computer case can support it. And if your wondering....yes I am a fox on a computer.... :hello:

Solution

socialfox

Distinguished
Need help in finding a decent cooler? I am available right now to assist you...

Just state your computer case and if you plan on any overclocking and I can find a good one, also state your budget.

Or if you know what your doing that's fine but just let me know if you want any assistance.

Bastid17

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Very cool, I have a ThermalTake Tsunami Dream... I was just going to play around a little bit with the ocing not trying to set records or anything... Asus has a nice little gui that makes playing with settings easy even for me :D I was thinking $50-70 tops...

socialfox

Distinguished
Well I don't want to break the bank, and since you stated your not trying to set records or anything. Try one of these coolers:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005O65JXI/?tag=pcpapi-20
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835214023&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

The Enermax cooler is the better one but if you look around you see the difference to be a bit small. If looks are your concern and the Enermax strikes your fancy, grab it...if not, the Hyper 212 EVO does just fine.

Anyways, that's a real beautiful case you got there, first time I have seen it and man does it look good! Now back to the thread, according to thermaltake, your case supports heatsinks up to 165mm in height.

Bastid17

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
That is good information! Im leaning towards the enermax, but at this point im not sure lol
Yeah, the one time i actually spent some money on a case... Ive had it for about 10 Years, mostly aluminium, great case. Thank you very much for the info gathering! *thumbs up*

TRENDING THREADS