Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Socket FM2 heat sink fan help!

Last response: in Components
December 14, 2012 12:16:15 AM

I have an AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D with an ASUS F2A85-V PRO FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard and I am not finding a variety of aftermarket heat sink fans... i have not o c this machine yet because it runs hot with a stock cooler. Do i need to wait a little longer for manufacturers to catch up or buy something i really dont like? Just curious... TIA

Best solution

December 14, 2012 12:23:39 AM

Greetings human,

I believe the FM2 retention bracket is the same as FM1, and the FM1 is the same as AM3+ . The point im making is AMD has not made any changes to the retention bracket, so as long as the cooler is AM3 compatible your good to go.

Edit: Or even AM2 compatible, a good cooler would be the Hyper 212 EVO. Just make sure your computer case can support it. And if your wondering....yes I am a fox on a computer.... :hello: 
December 14, 2012 12:58:29 AM

Thank you Fox... I appreciate the help!
Related resources
December 14, 2012 1:02:12 AM

Need help in finding a decent cooler? I am available right now to assist you...

Just state your computer case and if you plan on any overclocking and I can find a good one, also state your budget.

Or if you know what your doing that's fine but just let me know if you want any assistance.
December 14, 2012 1:11:33 AM

Very cool, I have a ThermalTake Tsunami Dream... I was just going to play around a little bit with the ocing not trying to set records or anything... Asus has a nice little gui that makes playing with settings easy even for me :D  I was thinking $50-70 tops...
December 14, 2012 1:22:31 AM

Well I don't want to break the bank, and since you stated your not trying to set records or anything. Try one of these coolers:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005O65JXI/?tag=pcpapi-20
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The Enermax cooler is the better one but if you look around you see the difference to be a bit small. If looks are your concern and the Enermax strikes your fancy, grab it...if not, the Hyper 212 EVO does just fine.

Anyways, that's a real beautiful case you got there, first time I have seen it and man does it look good! Now back to the thread, according to thermaltake, your case supports heatsinks up to 165mm in height.
December 14, 2012 1:31:01 AM

That is good information! Im leaning towards the enermax, but at this point im not sure lol
Yeah, the one time i actually spent some money on a case... Ive had it for about 10 Years, mostly aluminium, great case. Thank you very much for the info gathering! *thumbs up*
December 14, 2012 1:37:22 AM

Best answer selected by Bastid17.
December 14, 2012 1:43:27 AM

You are most welcome my friend :) 
!