Solved

Grey lines moving up and down screen

Just built my new pc, I have a gtx 560 ti and a Corsair tx650w psu. while in game, i've noticed semi transparent grey lines moving up and down the screen, as well as grey lines that are not moving, just flickering. Anybody know what the problem would be?
Reply to Toolzy
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about grey lines moving screen
  1. try a different vga/dvi/hdmi cable
    Reply to DarkOutlaw
  2. Best answer
    That could mean any number of things. Do they apprear only in games? Or is it an all the time thing? If it's all the time what happens if you open a game?

A few things you can try:

- A fresh install of your video card drivers.
    - Check the temps of the GPU.
    - Check the PC with another monitor or TV, see if those lines are still there.
    - Try a different cable.
    - If you have another PSU you can quicky plut in (don't even have to remove the new one from the case, just swap the cables for a few minutes).
    Reply to trapper
  3. I'm pretty sure it's constant, it's just a lot more noticeable in game. I see them when i have a youtube video full screened and stuff like that. I've been thinking it might be the DVI to VGA adapter I've been using. I just ordered another DVI cable off newegg so hopefully that works. Thanks for the help you guys, I'll keep you posted.
    Reply to Toolzy
  4. Alright, just picked up a DVI cable from best buy, and the lines seem to be gone. Thanks for the help again guys.
    Reply to Toolzy
  5. Best answer selected by Toolzy.
    Reply to Toolzy
  6. Glad you got it working!
    Reply to trapper
  7. I have also the same problem but this is little different it occurs all the time. When i open any game it automatically fixes. pls post me permanent solution. My pc specs are :
    Dell Vostro 2520
    Intel HD graphics 3000
    2 gb ram
    2.3 ghz
    windows 10 pro 32 bit
    Asking for Help? - Post Detailed Computer Specs
    Help us help you by posting detailed specifications of your computer when you ask your question.Post these model numbers when applicable:CPU/APU: Is it overclocked?Motherboard:RAM: model number, number of dimms, and how fast it is running now.Power Supply:... Read More
    Reply to Microsoft_3
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

New Build Gtx Games Corsair Systems