Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Grey lines moving up and down screen

Last response: in Systems
July 31, 2012 1:32:10 PM

Just built my new pc, I have a gtx 560 ti and a Corsair tx650w psu. while in game, i've noticed semi transparent grey lines moving up and down the screen, as well as grey lines that are not moving, just flickering. Anybody know what the problem would be?
July 31, 2012 1:39:05 PM

try a different vga/dvi/hdmi cable

Best solution

July 31, 2012 1:42:05 PM

That could mean any number of things. Do they apprear only in games? Or is it an all the time thing? If it's all the time what happens if you open a game?

A few things you can try:

- A fresh install of your video card drivers.
- Check the temps of the GPU.
- Check the PC with another monitor or TV, see if those lines are still there.
- Try a different cable.
- If you have another PSU you can quicky plut in (don't even have to remove the new one from the case, just swap the cables for a few minutes).
Related resources
July 31, 2012 2:15:15 PM

I'm pretty sure it's constant, it's just a lot more noticeable in game. I see them when i have a youtube video full screened and stuff like that. I've been thinking it might be the DVI to VGA adapter I've been using. I just ordered another DVI cable off newegg so hopefully that works. Thanks for the help you guys, I'll keep you posted.
August 1, 2012 12:48:46 AM

Alright, just picked up a DVI cable from best buy, and the lines seem to be gone. Thanks for the help again guys.
August 1, 2012 12:49:38 AM

Best answer selected by Toolzy.
August 1, 2012 2:18:41 AM

Glad you got it working!
!