Need help choosing a case.

flamelash

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
I'm having trouble deciding between two cases that fit my budget of $100. (I live in Australia so the prices may seem unreasonable at first)

The two options are the Cooler Master HAF-912 Advanced and the Fractal Design Core 3000.

I also need a case that has front USB 2.0 ports, not 3.0, as my current motherboard doesn't have any internal 3.0 connectors and I do not wish to upgrade the motherboard for quite a while as it suits my current needs. I don't have any USB 3.0 devices as of yet either.

I currently like the aesthetics of the Fractal Design Core 3000 and it also appears to have more features.

So all I am asking is which one is better and why.

Solution
Neither one will be "better" per sé.

It depends what you're after. If you want bling, go HAF. If you want loads of airflow, go HAF. If you want it quiet, go Fractal. If you want understated, go Fractal.

Personally, I'd go with the Fractal, but I know many would go HAF.

mi1ez

Splendid
Neither one will be "better" per sé.

It depends what you're after. If you want bling, go HAF. If you want loads of airflow, go HAF. If you want it quiet, go Fractal. If you want understated, go Fractal.

Personally, I'd go with the Fractal, but I know many would go HAF.

Solution

flamelash

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012

Thanks for your very helpful reply.

JayJ

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I just did a build in July with the Fractal Design case. Great price, very sturdy/quality, comes with 3 very quiet fans (and fan controller), and I prefer the more `adult` look. A lot of game cases seem a bit (sorry) childish for me in my 30s. I considered a HAF case - but I really don't care for the CoolerMaster logo on the case. Yeah, my decision was based mostly on asthetics.

I will say the case has NO problems with airflow - so don't go with the HAF for just that reason. (Although I know the HAF case is considered excellent for airflow.)

I would definitely recommend the Fractal Design case - I have no regrets. The only thing I found lacking was, as it comes configured with 3 fans, there are 2 open fan spots that I felt it necessary to buy some magnetized screens to stop dust from getting in. Some might not feel the need - I did though.

The 3000 does have USB 2.0 ports in front - like you want.

Can't go wrong with either case - but that's my 2cents on my new case that I'm very happy with. I guess if I'm being completely honest, the blue LED by the power switch is too damn bright. My computer is in my bedroom and on almost 24/7 - so I have to put something over that bright light. Haha...