Fractual R4 fan controller help

Midel

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Hey guys, I wasn't too sure where to post this so sorry if this is the wrong place. I recently bought all my pc components with the of this community but I'm currently having trouble putting my parts together.

The only problem Im having is the Fractal's R4 3 wire fan controller help. Honestly, I have no clue where to connect this to, given that it is three separate wires for their three speed. My mobo is an asrock extreme 4 if that helps. If you guys can guide me on where to exactly plug in these wires, that would mean everything to me.

Thanks so much for your time and help.

tredlord

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012

Midel,

You connect the fan controller cables to your chassis fans cables directly. There are 3 fan controller cables for controlling up to 3 different fans, not 3 cables for 3 speeds. You may have plugged your chassis fans into the motherboard, if so unplug them and mate them with your fan controller cables, connect a molex power connector from your power supply and you're done.

vicky6

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013

This is the exact answer I needed, thanks tredlord!

clopoga

Honorable
Apr 7, 2013

I had the same questions and I followed your instructions, tredlord. Still, I wonder if the fan management done by the motherboard is not a better one. Do you have an opinion on this ? Thanks.

alexk33

Honorable
May 15, 2013
Could you use a case fan power splitter to connect 2 fans instead of 1 off of the Fractal Case's fan control? Just wondering if the fans would receive enough volts...

dansgas1000

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
[strike]Hi I know this topic is very old but I did not want to create a new one so I decided to add on to here and this relates to my problem.

Anyway i'm not building my PC yet though I did open my case again today to have a look at how the fan controller works and i'm a little confused. I only seem to have 2 of those 3 pin connector thingys coming out of the fan controller, there should be 3 right? For 3 fans? Also, I saw a 4 pin plug thing coming from it where do I connect that? I'm assuming to the PSU but how?

Thanks![/strike]

Nevermind :p