Solved

Please help me choose graphic card for Photoshop 5 and video editing

Please hep me to choose proper graphic card for Photoshop 5 and HD (1080p) video editing software, no gaming. My desktop is HP Pavillion Slimline: Pentium Dual-Core E530 2.60Ghz/4Gb RAM/Windows 7. Windows performance shows all indicators are above 6 other than Graphic performance which is 3. My budget is $100-$150. Thank you
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about please choose graphic card photoshop video editing
  1. For Video editing you need a powerful CPU. Photoshop benefits from CUDA
    For your budget range GTX 460 is suitable for your purpose
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127646
    But make sure you have A Quality PSU with PCIE 6 pin power connector.
  2. I'd normally recommend a $210 card (560 Ti) for this application:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425

    At $160, your looking at 560 (free copy of Adobe Elements)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130664
  3. professional graphics solution
    entry level
    ATI 100-505553 FirePro
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195074
    PNY VCQ2000-PB Quadro 2000 1GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133353

    mid level
    PNY VCQ4000-PB Quadro 4000 2GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133324

    the best
    ATI 100-505602 FirePro V9800 4GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814195102
  4. @The Great Randini
    Look at the OP specs. He doesn't seem to be doing any professional work.
  5. Right, I do not need anything professional and expensive, I need it for home video editing and home pictures processing only, and I don't expect super fast performance.

    Please explain me how can I make sure my computer has A Quality PSU with PCIE 6 pin power connector? More over, I'm not even sure if it fits my single slot inside my desktop, it is a HP Pavilion Slimline s5257c, so it's slim box design, much slimmer than regular desktop, like this: http://computershopper.com/desktops/reviews/hp-pavilion-slimline-s5160f . Is any way to check the compatibility? Should I contact HP support?

    Thanks
  6. Best answer
    @YMC
    Unfortunately your machine will not support the mentioned card because it's a slimline case and it does have 220W Power supply.

    You need at least a 350W power supply and a full tower case to support the card.

    Right now you can go with something like this as you don't need a professional graphics card for your system, it's compatible with your situation.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102958
  7. Best answer selected by YMC.
  8. ilysaml said:
    @YMC
    Unfortunately your machine will not support the mentioned card because it's a slimline case and it does have 220W Power supply.

    You need at least a 350W power supply and a full tower case to support the card.

    Right now you can go with something like this as you don't need a professional graphics card for your system, it's compatible with your situation.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102958


    Thank you! How can I recognize which one can fit my slimline case? Is it 'PCI Express' that makes me sure it does fit?
  9. The Graphics card is a PCIE and your case support PCIE cards.
    The One I linked will fit properly without any problem.
  10. ilysaml said:
    The Graphics card is a PCIE and your case support PCIE cards.
    The One I linked will fit properly without any problem.


    In your first post you said it's better to take CUDA-compatible card, this SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 does not seem to support CUDA. Does it mean there is no CUDA video card for my case or you just think this SAPPHIRE Radeon is good enough even with no CUDA?
  11. Since you're not gonna do any professional work, you just need a good graphics card for pretty good RGB colors and high definition photos and videos, and if the photoshop benefits from CUDA, the latest Photoshop CS6 benefit from OpenCL & OpenGL which is supported by AMD cards.
    http://blogs.amd.com/fusion/2012/04/24/adobe-and-amd-enable-brilliant-experiences/
  12. ilysaml said:
    Since you're not gonna do any professional work, you just need a good graphics card for pretty good RGB colors and high definition photos and videos, and if the photoshop benefits from CUDA, the latest Photoshop CS6 benefit from OpenCL & OpenGL which is supported by AMD cards.
    http://blogs.amd.com/fusion/2012/04/24/adobe-and-amd-enable-brilliant-experiences/


    Ok, I got it. Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Video Editing Photoshop Graphics Product