themegadinesen

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
So yeah,
I'm building a new PC. I will be using my old GPU the Nvidia 9600gt for about some time before I get something new.
My new build be:
Core i5 2320(I know Ivy is better and the 2320 is EOL but that's all I've got here)
4GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 9600gt 512MB (***)

My question is will my PSU be able to power all the components?
It's a no brand 450w PSU I got with my case.
I think it has a 16amp by 12v rail (something like that)
192w in total.
Thanks. :)

I would suggest replacing the PSU with a known quality one but, if it is working and you don't experience stability issues, I'd keep using it. It should provide enough power for your intended build. Often PSU's that come with a case are poor quality units but there are exceptions to that and it is possible you have one of those exceptions. Keep it, use it
Enjoy

themegadinesen

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Yeah but I think the card is done. 3 years. It served me well.
What card do you suggest me to get? I am thinking of getting an HD 7870. I know the 8000 series will be out by then but that means the 7000 series will go down in proce and who knows, I might get a 7950 if the price is low enough. :D

I am impressed with the performance of my 7950, I'm also depressed because it has dropped in price so much since I bought mine. Watching those prices, especially between the NVidia GTX 670 and the AMD HD7950, you may just find a very affordable (and powerful) card at the time you're set to buy.
I will suggest you begin researching your PSU choices also, a quality 500W unit should be fine for a single graphics card. This link is awesome for reseaching power supplies http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page541.htm
Good luck, happy reading

bignastyid

Titan
I wouldn't get a cooler master power supply. I couldnt find a review of the 550w model but here's a review of the 650w model.
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/22/cooler_master_gx_650w_power_supply_review/9
Get a Seasonic, PC power and cooling, XFX, or Antec branded PSU.
When you get the system built i'd leave the video card out and run with the integrated video untill you get a new psu. While that 450w might power it for a awhile I would gamble when you have the option to run the integrated video.

Currently the 7950 is better at most things than the GTX670 but it seems to be a configuration issue that's holding the NVidia cards from their potential in the GTX6XX series - if that gets figured out, who's to say. I got my 7950 within the first week or two of release and after watching prices, I won't recommend that.