I bet u cant figure out my problem. 100% positive

technologytech94

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
ok this is my problem...linksys cant figure it out nor can I....

the problem is with my wireless router. im trying to connect my desktop to the router wired, but its getting no connection, says "please connect Ethernet cable" but the ethernet cable is plugged it....anyway ive tried 3 different routers and they all do the same thing.

the only way i can get internet is if i plug my desktop straight into my modem via ethernet cable. but if i try to go though any of the 3 routers it dosent detect it at all...im not stupid either, i know how to setup my router, and ive tested all of the ethernet cables, they all work...also something weird, i am getting wifi from my router, and if i hookup my laptop to the same ethernet cable that was running into the back of my desktop, it works fine.

ive done everything, updated lan drivers, checked everything, i dont understand what could be he problem????

please help me out if u know how, or even if you have an idea, ill be willing to give it a try.

gshacte

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
I have the same problem with a linksys wireless that was working. Now it reports WAN cable is disconnected. I have tried suggestions on the Forums with no luck.

gshacte

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
It just occurred to me to ask who your ISP is? Mine is Comcast. All is well when connected directly to the PC. The problem is only when using the wireless router for the WAN connection. I have tried setting the router to 10mb, 100, or auto with no success.

yimmi

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011

maybe try a different nic?Might have a problem interacting with the router.I would try this

technologytech94

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011

i have brighthouse roadrunner

MysticMiner

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Ok, so is the router actually connecting to the Internet? Most of them have an icon on them that shows whether or not they've connected to the internet, or you could test it through your laptop.

If the router isn't connecting at all, you can contact your ISP and see if they've set their routers to some form of secured access based on your computer's MAC address or something.