32 RCA (Computer Display) Shadow Problem

teapole

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
In the bottom left corner of my 32 inch RCA tv there is a shadowy spot, when I hit the back of the tv it is temporarily fixed, but then eventually it flickers back to the shadowy look, if anyone knows how to fix I would greatly appreciate any help!

teapole

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
It's not that old, its just two years or so. Pretty sure it's led, and when I tap behind the screen, seems like the backlight on the bottom right corner flickers.

Oh I didn't know someone bought their trademark/name. I still don't think you can repair it yourself - replacing backlight is pretty expensive and you need proper gear to do it. Simple screwdriver isn't enough. I'd take it to repairmen and ask them how much will it cost. If it's above half its price, I would not bother.

teapole

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
My tv now is a 1080p 32 inch, it's still pretty new. To me, it looks like something is slightly wrong with the backlight. I think this because I can tap the back and it brightness comes back. In the spot that is shadowy, the image is still very visible, just not bright.