Sign in with
Your question

Computer Upgrade

Last response: in Systems
July 31, 2012 8:12:06 PM

I am currently looking into upgrading my computer. I will be using it primarily for gaming with a budget of around $800. I have zero experience building a computer so I'm looking into a pre-built but no idea where to look and what to look for. I don't need top of the line and settings at max. Looking for suggestions please.

More about : computer upgrade

August 3, 2012 5:59:43 AM

Are you looking to upgrade you're computer or buy a prebuilt computer? You said both.

If you want to upgrade your PC i need the exact model or if it's a prebuilt i need the specs.
m
l
August 3, 2012 6:26:09 AM

You're current PC might be worth upgrading but i don't know. It could be as simple as buying a new video and possibly power supply.

It would definitely be worth buying the parts and building a PC yourself if you are willing to put in some effort.

If you just want a new PC for gaming now this is something i would buy:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ibuypower-ibuypo...

i5-3570K 3.4 GHz
AMD Radeon HD7770 1 GB
8GB 1333MHZ RAM
1 TB HDD
600W Power Supply

Seems like a really good system overall.
m
l
August 3, 2012 2:08:30 PM

What I met by upgrading my computer is just getting a new 1 mine is a good 5-6yrs. old. I'm looking for a decent pre-built mainly for games and household tasks. I don't need to have the settings maxed just need a decent rig for game play ie. MMOs and some suggestions as what site that would give best deal, customer service, etc.. Thanks
m
l
!