Whats the latest and best processor to buy for gaming i5 or i7?

shenan93

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
I am going to build a gaming rig which im hoping to play with ultra graphics on high resolutions on the latest games !

I am planning to buy the best Intel core i5 processor available in the market which i have no idea about the model number of the best i5 processor..

1)WHAT is the latest best core i5 procesor for high end gaming ?

i made up my mind to buy a i5 because i saw that some people say that the i7 processor is a waste of money and doesn't make any difference and the i5 is much better than the i7!

2)is it true??
if its true wats the i5 processor model ?
if is not whats the i7 processor that is best for gaming at a mid price range as the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor .??

which Processor do u guys prefer ?

3) and is there any AMD solutions that's good for gaming better than i5 and i7? if there's any please can u tel me the models ?

(planing to buy a SLI motherboard , 2x gtx670 gpu's with 16 gig 1600 ram )

thanx .

For Intel® processors I would go with the Intel® Core™ i5-3570K. The reason that the Intel Core i5-3570K is the processor of choice is that there are very few games that will use more than 4 threads. For this reason the hyper-threading or additional cores have limited value in a gaming system. This is the reasoning behind the view of the Intel Core i5-3570K is the processor of choice for gaming.

For RAM on a gaming system just go with 8GB of DDR 3 1600. That gives you 2GB for Windows, 2GB for the games (about the most that the most demanding game would use) and leaving you with 4GB to run anything in the background.

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
The thing is Intel's Core i7's are in fact a bit better than the Core i5's at gaming (and a lot ot other things) but the small difference just isn't worth 100 dolars.

Just go with a 3570K. Unless you play heavily multithreaded multiplayer games like Battlefield 3 you'll never notice the difference.

And lastly.
Putting an AMD processor into a high-end gaming machine isn't really a good idea.AMD's FX processors do well only when the application you're running can use all of their cores.And since Intel's CPU's are faster per core and games usualy only take advantage of 3-4 cores, going for an AMD cpu isn't the best thing you can do.

shenan93

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Thank you .. So i guess ill go with a i5 3570k proccesor .. but lets say if i can spend extra $100 for a i7 .... what model would you suggest ?

Thanx

shenan93

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011

Thank you .. it made me decide not to go with a AMD processor ... lets say if i can spend extra $100 for a i7 .... what model would you suggest ?
Thanx. :)