MSVDM - windows won't stay put

April 29, 2005 7:22:04 PM

I just got MSVDM, and like the idea. However, it doesn't seem to behave the
way I think it should. I went to desktop 2, opened Shareaza (P2P program),
and figured then when I went back to desktop 1, it would be like I left it
(i.e. Shareaza only open on desktop 2). Was I ever surprised to see Shareaza
sitting there, open! So I closed it, and went back to the second desktop,
where it was gone again! I've tried this with the "Shared Desktops" option
both checked and unchecked, with the same results. What's the point of
having multiple virtual desktops if they all behave as one?!

More about : msvdm windows stay put

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 8:32:54 AM

this one is far more advanced and free

http://www.dexpot.de/en/index2.html

"swmmng" <swmmng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just got MSVDM, and like the idea. However, it doesn't seem to behave
>the
> way I think it should. I went to desktop 2, opened Shareaza (P2P
> program),
> and figured then when I went back to desktop 1, it would be like I left it
> (i.e. Shareaza only open on desktop 2). Was I ever surprised to see
> Shareaza
> sitting there, open! So I closed it, and went back to the second desktop,
> where it was gone again! I've tried this with the "Shared Desktops"
> option
> both checked and unchecked, with the same results. What's the point of
> having multiple virtual desktops if they all behave as one?!
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 8:32:55 AM

Thanks! This works great - although it might take a few days to explore all
the features (not that I'm complaining!)

!