Sign in with
Your question

Cannot see my wireless network name on the list

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 19, 2011 5:17:25 PM

Hello. I cannot find my wireless network name on the list of wireless networks. I am able to get internet through ethernet cable from modem to laptop. So internet is working but cannot find network name. Please help.

More about : wireless network list

September 20, 2011 2:43:05 PM

Can you access the router? (do you have its IP, login username and password)

SSID is set to undiscoverable on the router itself.
m
l
September 20, 2011 4:13:02 PM

blissfullrick said:
Hello. I cannot find my wireless network name on the list of wireless networks. I am able to get internet through ethernet cable from modem to laptop. So internet is working but cannot find network name. Please help.

Use that cable to interface with the router through Internet Explorer and set your SSID (network name) to be broadcast. The address should be in the router's instructions but if not, go Start then Run in XP - Windows key plus R in Vista and Windows 7 - then type in the following, including all the spaces:-

cmd /k ipconfig /all

then press Enter and from the black form that shows up, take a note of the numeric code beside the Default Gateway icon - something like 192.168.0.1.

Type exit to close the black form.

Open Internet Explorer and enter that code into the URL address bar as though it was a website. You're then at the login page to the router's settings utility and admin will usually be the login with either admin or password as the password.

The setting to broadcast or hide SSID is in the Wireless pages.

m
l
!