Need help finding a good case

trungalung

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
First time here,

I need some help picking out a case, preferably a full tower (or a big mid tower). This is the one I currently have my eyes on: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811146073 (pretty cheap for a full tower imo with instant saving + rebate + 20% off).

My build:
CPU: i5 3570k
CPU Cooler: Corsair A70
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW
SSD: M4 Crucial 128 GB
HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black
PSU: Coolermaster GX 650w 80 plus bronze

Thanks in advance :)

leandrodafontoura

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
Link is not working.

Take a look at Bitfenix cases.

I also recomend changing the PSU to the Cooler Master Silent Pro series and the internal HDD to a external WD My passport 1TB. You can then, use it also as a full backup of your SSD data

How about an NZXT Phantom? I have one, its big, well made, and pretty cool looking.

I wouldn't get any CoolerMaster PSUs personally, I'd be looking at at the Corsair TXv2 series or something equivalent.

trungalung

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
The link is the NZXT phantom Black/Orange at Newegg. There's also a different phantom for 10 dollars less (white with red stripes).

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
On the PSU, definitely change that out. The only good PSUs Cooler Master makes are the Silent Pro series, and they're a bit expensive. I'd recommend something like a PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk.III, Seasonic S12II or M12II, or Corsair TX-V2.

On the case, Silverstone is a fantastic brand, and they've got some really pretty full towers. Corsair's Carbide series is another one to look at. The NZXT Phantom would be my personal pick (factoring in price/value and all that).

trungalung

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012
That PSU is from my older build when I first try to replace the GPU for my prebuilt hp one (had to buy a PSU cause their stock one is only 350w). I didn't know *** so I just bought a random one at fry's. Do you guys think it will last me a little bit more or do I have to replace it? This was like 9 months ago.

I honestly would replace it based on this:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolerMaster/GX650W_Bronze/8.html

Loose voltage regulation, especially at 3.3V
Bad performance at Crossload tests, somtimes down to 11.4 V
High voltage drops at Advanced Transient Response Tests
Only three peripheral connectors
Number one and two aren't really good news for system stability. The 12v rail should never dip below or above .5v.