otto911

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
I built a new computer about 3 months ago and when i first got it it was running perfect. Now I cant even get it to boot up. When I turn my computer on it does either of 2 things. 1 the fans and motherboard will light up and then turn off after 3 seconds and repeat over and over. 2 the computer will boot up for about a minute and turn off either at the windows loading screen or If i try to reimage with disk it will turn off when its at the gathering data stage.

This is what i have done. I took out the GPU. I moved the stick of ram i have to another slot(one i had to return). Ive tried to reimage the computer on three different HDs and still the same thing. This whole problem started when I moved my desk and had to unplug the keyboard and mouse and when i plugged it back in the computer didnt read my mouse so i restarted it and thats when it happend. I am able to do a repair but it doesnt fix it it just tells me theres a bad driver and i cant do a system restore because it errors out. The only time i am able to have the computer on and stable is when i unplug my HDs and start the windoes setup and its been sitting at the license terms for windows 7.

Here is my build

I have a Phantom case, i5 3570k, asrock extreme 4 z77 a radeon hd 6870 GPU, 1 4g stick of gskill rama and a TX 750 PSU

sounds like you have a lose plug..wire..or a dead short. start with the dead short issue. try another keyboard and mouse.check the i/o shield in the back of the mb make sure nothing shorting it out. check under the mb for a drop screw. check that the mb not shorting out to the mb tray or the cpu cooler. reseat the 24 and 4/8 pin atx power pluf and all mb case wires. if it still shuts off try bread boarding the mb on a desk..if it shuts down..then it could be a bad mb or ps i would start with a new ps for testing.