Sign in with
Your question

Help with my 5.1 does not have SPDIF

Last response: in Components
December 14, 2012 5:21:01 PM

Guys I need your help. I boght a soeaker 5.1 channel and I found later after 3 weeks of trying to connect it with my win 7-64 is there was no SPDIF port.However, I will post pic for my pc and my TV and the speaker so you can tell me how I connect them and if I need to buy adapter

This is my TV it is Sceptre 32 LED

I am using HDMI

Now this is my Speaker from Acoustic AA 5102

This came with bad manual, it is only says were it is says DVD audio input, I should connect it to my DVD. I do not have DVD, and also for the two top AUX input its says that for PC.
http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-AA5102-Channel-Theater-S...
This is my PC, I am using gig 990fxa-ud5 and it is supporting 5.1

For now I want to say some thing, when I use this caple from my speaker to my PC

I can go and set up my speaker to 5.1 so I can hear all the speaker work but, they all the same I dont feel any different.However, if I went to my PC audie settieng to check if I am using 5.1, I see I am using 2.1 but still the sounds come from all the speaker because of the speaker itself can change the audio but as I said this is not a 5.1 it is 2.1 because when I test it from my PC for 5.1 I only I can hear the right and left work. WhenI do the test and my right and left works as the pc telling me, my speakers all of them work as if they are just right and left. So. since my speaker do not have SPDIF is there is a way to make it work ? I do not want to buy a DVD just to connect my speaker to it and then from the DVD to my TV.

Sorry my English is not good , I hope I make it cleaer.

More about : spdif

December 14, 2012 5:44:53 PM

Hi, From the PC to the 5.1 you need two more cables as the one in the picture (one for Front L/R, one for back L/R and one for SW/Centre). Connect them to the DVD in ports.
Not sure about the TV. Do you want to connect the TV also to the speakers?
m
l
December 14, 2012 8:44:51 PM

alexoiu said:
Hi, From the PC to the 5.1 you need two more cables as the one in the picture (one for Front L/R, one for back L/R and one for SW/Centre). Connect them to the DVD in ports.

Sir I don't have DVD, that why I need to use my Pc or my TV. I want connect my speaker either with my TV or to my PC
m
l
Related resources
December 14, 2012 9:34:33 PM

Here's how I would do it:
PC to AA 5102:
white port (side) to DVD Audio Input FL, FR
black (rear) to DVD Audio Input SL, SR
orange (C/SUB) to DVD Audio Input CEN, SW
TV to AA 5102:
Audio Out RL to AUX Audio Input R,L
This way you will have 5.1 from the PC and stereo from the TV.
m
l
December 17, 2012 11:33:19 PM

alexoiu said:
Here's how I would do it:
PC to AA 5102:
TV to AA 5102:
Audio Out RL to AUX Audio Input R,L
This way you will have 5.1 from the PC and stereo from the TV.

Did not work
m
l
December 17, 2012 11:42:23 PM

alexoiu said:

Yes I have and I did but did not work. Just the R and L re working, even if I went ot my PC audio setting and change the port still not work
m
l
December 18, 2012 5:32:45 AM

Right click the audio icon in Windows, then Playback devices, click Speakers, then click Configure and choose 5.1 Surround.
Then click Test.
m
l
December 18, 2012 9:29:25 AM

alexoiu said:
Right click the audio icon in Windows, then Playback devices, click Speakers, then click Configure and choose 5.1 Surround.
Then click Test.

I did that too, did not work :(  just the R and L are working
m
l
December 18, 2012 9:30:11 AM

alexoiu said:
Then click Test.

I did and did not work :( 
m
l
December 18, 2012 9:42:38 AM

Have you connected the

Can you post a picture with the PC back ports, cables connected and one with the speaker, cables connected?
m
l
December 18, 2012 11:23:28 PM

alexoiu said:
Have you connected the

Can you post a picture with the PC back ports, cables connected and one with the speaker, cables connected?

Here in my skeaper where says in the top AUX audio, I try to connect it with my TV where its say's in my TV R and L audio output did not work too.

if this is may help you

I did the test many times did not work, just R and L are working
m
l
December 19, 2012 4:24:01 AM

What I would try: Disconnect the three cables from the computer's jacks and with only one cable test each jack:
-plug it in the gray jack, then click test and see what speakers get the sound a.s.o for each jack.
Check also the connections to the rear speakers, try swapping the cables (with the front ones), see if the speakers work.
m
l
December 19, 2012 6:29:19 AM

alexoiu said:
What I would try: Disconnect the three cables from the computer's jacks and with only one cable test each jack:
-plug it in the gray jack, then click test and see what speakers get the sound a.s.o for each jack.
Check also the connections to the rear speakers, try swapping the cables (with the front ones), see if the speakers work.

Ok there is something happen, when I removed the Green with is R and L. The skpeaer disable, it's looks like my PC only read the Greend one.The word "tesr" were disable so I could not press it.
m
l
December 19, 2012 6:45:12 AM

What motherboard do you have?
m
l
December 19, 2012 8:10:24 AM

alexoiu said:
What motherboard do you have?

gigabyte 990fxa-ud5

AMD8530

MSI 7770 1G video card

Win7-64
m
l
December 19, 2012 8:18:52 AM

Plz solve this problem I bought this speaker so I can wahich movies but now I am using my monitor. Its have beed a mounth now
m
l
December 19, 2012 8:23:23 AM

We'll solve it, don't worry.
Have you installed the audio Realtek driver?
Try opening the Realtek HD Audio manager and configure there the 5.1
m
l
December 19, 2012 3:05:49 PM

alexoiu said:
We'll solve it, don't worry.
Have you installed the audio Realtek driver?
Try opening the Realtek HD Audio manager and configure there the 5.1

Yes I did that, and I reinstalled. but how can I download it again ? should be the drive from their web? 2.70 ?
m
l
December 20, 2012 3:58:01 AM

alexoiu said:
2.7 is OK.
Try the steps described here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmRbsOM0hU0
If still no go, I suggest posting in the Audio forum. You might get better help there.

My looks almust the same I mean realtek, but did not work still. Thank you for help I will see the audio form
m
l
!