Monitor Randomly Goes Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

coper210

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hello, so my mom is having some trouble with her monitor and I was wondering if you guys have any idea of what is wrong. So what happens is when I turn on the monitor you see the regular screen but then seconds after the monitor just goes black, I have no idea what the problem is but I know that it has nothing to do with the computer because it stays on the whole time, another thing is that I have checked the plugs and all of them are securely in to the right inputs. It is a LG Monitor and it is still under warranty but I was wondering if you guys could help me figure this out so I won't have to go through the trouble of having to send it back.
Thanks! :D

Solution
Do you have another monitor available to hook up to the computer to make sure it's not an issue with the computer/gpu? I'd get ready to send it back if I were you, because if it's an issue with the screen, there's nothing you can do to fix it without voiding the warranty, if the issue is fixable.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Do you have another monitor available to hook up to the computer to make sure it's not an issue with the computer/gpu? I'd get ready to send it back if I were you, because if it's an issue with the screen, there's nothing you can do to fix it without voiding the warranty, if the issue is fixable.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.