Sign in with
Your question

Would a Radeon HD 6850/6870 gpu work with this monitor?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 10, 2012 2:04:39 AM

Okay, so my monitor is this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003HFCDLY/ref=s9_simh...

It uses a DVI and a DVI Sub input.

I'm having questions about the DVI Sub because I narrowed down my 2 gpu choices to the

#1: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

OR

#2: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681412141...

Other computer specs if necessary:

AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor ~ 3.1GHz
6GB RAM
620 Watt Seasonic M12II PSU
June 10, 2012 3:53:28 AM

I must not be understanding your concern here, both vid cards have a DVI output; the monitor only needs one input to it, so both should suffice and do the job.
m
l
June 10, 2012 4:05:01 AM

jmd536 said:
I must not be understanding your concern here, both vid cards have a DVI output; the monitor only needs one input to it, so both should suffice and do the job.

Wait, I currently have both the D Sub and DVI connected?
Is that bad/wrong?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 10, 2012 4:21:38 AM

Yes, it will work. No there is nothing wrong with having both connectors attached, however, the monitor will probably default to using the VGA (Dsub). You don't need to use the VGA. Just remove the VGA cable from both ends and just use the DVI cable by itself. You will have a better video image and Windows 7 just works better with a digital signal to the monitor.
m
l
June 10, 2012 4:26:43 AM

JKatwyopc said:
Yes, it will work. No there is nothing wrong with having both connectors attached, however, the monitor will probably default to using the VGA (Dsub). You don't need to use the VGA. Just remove the VGA cable from both ends and just use the DVI cable by itself. You will have a better video image and Windows 7 just works better with a digital signal to the monitor.

So remove the D Sub(Blue cable) and keep the DVI(White Cable)?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 10, 2012 4:32:30 AM

Yes that is what I meant.
m
l
!