Would a Radeon HD 6850/6870 gpu work with this monitor?

Okay, so my monitor is this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003HFCDLY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_g147_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=038VFCSNZ7C4C8DRQ114&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

It uses a DVI and a DVI Sub input.

I'm having questions about the DVI Sub because I narrowed down my 2 gpu choices to the

#1: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161396

OR

#2: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121419

Other computer specs if necessary:

AMD Athlon II X4 645 Processor ~ 3.1GHz
6GB RAM
620 Watt Seasonic M12II PSU
5 answers Last reply
More about would radeon 6850 6870 work monitor
  1. I must not be understanding your concern here, both vid cards have a DVI output; the monitor only needs one input to it, so both should suffice and do the job.
  2. jmd536 said:
    I must not be understanding your concern here, both vid cards have a DVI output; the monitor only needs one input to it, so both should suffice and do the job.

Wait, I currently have both the D Sub and DVI connected?
    Is that bad/wrong?
  3. Yes, it will work. No there is nothing wrong with having both connectors attached, however, the monitor will probably default to using the VGA (Dsub). You don't need to use the VGA. Just remove the VGA cable from both ends and just use the DVI cable by itself. You will have a better video image and Windows 7 just works better with a digital signal to the monitor.
  4. JKatwyopc said:
    Yes, it will work. No there is nothing wrong with having both connectors attached, however, the monitor will probably default to using the VGA (Dsub). You don't need to use the VGA. Just remove the VGA cable from both ends and just use the DVI cable by itself. You will have a better video image and Windows 7 just works better with a digital signal to the monitor.

So remove the D Sub(Blue cable) and keep the DVI(White Cable)?
  5. Yes that is what I meant.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs DVI Monitors Graphics Product