Create a shortcut on desktop to load a background image

Hi:

I would love to create a shortcut on my desktop that I could just click that
would load a picture as my temporary background but, then, have my usual
background load when I start Windows.

Anybody have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks for your help,

Paul
2 answers Last reply
More about create shortcut desktop load background image

    Does anyone really need a wallpaper?
    Wallpaper settings are in HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper and
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Desktop\General\Wallpaper and
    BackupWallpaper and related values.

    Hi Paul,

    You may create two .BAT (batch file) to change the Wallpapers. One for the
    temporary wallpaper, and the one to reset to the original wallpaper. Use
    this as an example:

    http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=%23fsKedWRFHA.1392%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl

    "rundll32.exe user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters" command applies the
    wallpaper setting instantly. I believe the wallpaper need to be a .BMP file.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Paul Christensen" <PaulChristensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:63CCFF89-3256-4ADE-83D9-002576A52D89@microsoft.com...
    > Hi:
    >
    > I would love to create a shortcut on my desktop that I could just click
    > that
    > would load a picture as my temporary background but, then, have my usual
    > background load when I start Windows.
    >
    > Anybody have any ideas on how to do this?
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    >
    > Paul

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP