Create a shortcut on desktop to load a background image

Hi:

I would love to create a shortcut on my desktop that I could just click that
would load a picture as my temporary background but, then, have my usual
background load when I start Windows.

Anybody have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks for your help,

Paul

Does anyone really need a wallpaper?
Wallpaper settings are in HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper and
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Desktop\General\Wallpaper and
BackupWallpaper and related values.

Hi Paul,

You may create two .BAT (batch file) to change the Wallpapers. One for the
temporary wallpaper, and the one to reset to the original wallpaper. Use
this as an example:

http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=%23fsKedWRFHA.1392%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl

"rundll32.exe user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters" command applies the
wallpaper setting instantly. I believe the wallpaper need to be a .BMP file.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Paul Christensen" <PaulChristensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in