Create a shortcut on desktop to load a background image

April 30, 2005 1:09:01 AM

Hi:

I would love to create a shortcut on my desktop that I could just click that
would load a picture as my temporary background but, then, have my usual
background load when I start Windows.

Anybody have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks for your help,

Paul
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:30:14 AM

Does anyone really need a wallpaper?
Wallpaper settings are in HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\Wallpaper and
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Desktop\General\Wallpaper and
BackupWallpaper and related values.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 12:18:42 AM

Hi Paul,

You may create two .BAT (batch file) to change the Wallpapers. One for the
temporary wallpaper, and the one to reset to the original wallpaper. Use
this as an example:

http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=%23fsKedWRFHA.13...

"rundll32.exe user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters" command applies the
wallpaper setting instantly. I believe the wallpaper need to be a .BMP file.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Paul Christensen" <PaulChristensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in