tupacalypse

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
IM currently Using 2 Gtx 560's (Non Ti) in SLi , And i can play every game i have on max . Now my friend want to buy them both for 300 and the gtx 670 costs 400 should i inest the extra $100 for a 670? or another Geforce?

Solution
G
for $100 i believe you will see a performance increase, but i haven't found the benchmarks to prove it.
but you are also cutting you power requirements in half; 164 vs 320 watts. along with any noise and heat a SLI set up gives over a single card.

EDIT:
comparing the benchmarks in these two articles
GeForce GTX 560 SLI tested
GeForce GTX 670 review
which had the same test set up. it depends on the game whether or not the 670 gives any performance increase and it is not really significant.

though considering getting newer tech, and opening up an upgrade path to get a 670 SLI set up later . .i would go for it.
G

for $100 i believe you will see a performance increase, but i haven't found the benchmarks to prove it.
but you are also cutting you power requirements in half; 164 vs 320 watts. along with any noise and heat a SLI set up gives over a single card.

EDIT:
comparing the benchmarks in these two articles
GeForce GTX 560 SLI tested
GeForce GTX 670 review
which had the same test set up. it depends on the game whether or not the 670 gives any performance increase and it is not really significant.

though considering getting newer tech, and opening up an upgrade path to get a 670 SLI set up later . .i would go for it.

Solution
G

no, it really isn't that much of an improvement in gaming performance. what is considerably improving is your power consumption and heat, any microstuttering and potentially being able to upgrade.

personally i would go for it; those 560s are not getting any younger and anyone looking to upgrade to a 5xx series with the release of the 6xx series will be looking at 560ti, 570 and 580s as the value of those cards drop.