NO 6230's!

Last response: in Brands
August 9, 2004 2:15:22 AM

God the 6230 must be a popular phone, I've been nagging o2 for an upgrade
for two weeks, STILL no 6230's in stock!

Pretty much every other phone is - i.e. the 6600 and the SE 700i!

Anyone else having this problem?

More about : 6230

August 9, 2004 6:01:30 AM

I picked up one at the Schiphol Duty Free store. It is very very sweet.

"The Kontaminator" <the.kontaminator@FUntlworld.com> wrote in message
> God the 6230 must be a popular phone, I've been nagging o2 for an upgrade
> for two weeks, STILL no 6230's in stock!
>
> Pretty much every other phone is - i.e. the 6600 and the SE 700i!
>
> Anyone else having this problem?

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 9:29:58 PM

think yourself lucky then

go and find something else

wish I didn't have mine as a company phone , pain in the arse and also been
for repair twice already

"The Kontaminator" <the.kontaminator@FUntlworld.com> wrote in message
> God the 6230 must be a popular phone, I've been nagging o2 for an upgrade
> for two weeks, STILL no 6230's in stock!
>
> Pretty much every other phone is - i.e. the 6600 and the SE 700i!
>
> Anyone else having this problem?

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 9, 2004 9:29:59 PM

> wish I didn't have mine as a company phone , pain in the arse and also
been
> for repair twice already

Really?
I've had mine for over month now, and no real problems at all. What is it
that you don't like about it? Any ideas why it needed to go in for repairs?
(obviously it was broken, but what was wrong?)
Most reports I've read have been quite favourable, there are a few bugs in
the current firmware but nothing that amounts to much more than a mild
irritation (on general consensus).
On balance is it (IMO) a very well specced phone with some good features
that also does the basics well, (and looks quite nice too).

Maybe I'm biased because I choose and paid for mine myself rather than it
being imposed on me by my company...?

Cheers,

ChrisM.

--
Please remove shoes to reply

But what ... is it good for?
- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,
commenting on the microchip.
August 10, 2004 4:06:29 AM

Had mine for 6 months had no problem getting one back then, that was after
trying a motorola and then the 6220 then saw the 6230 and thought wow same
price more features gotta get and did in no time at all.
August 10, 2004 5:03:33 PM

I got mine in Italy there are plenty 324Euros. GPSR-Edge great, camara, video
and MMS card. Joy-stick have to get use to it.
August 10, 2004 10:20:31 PM

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:06:29 +0100, "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Had mine for 6 months had no problem getting one back then, that was after
>trying a motorola and then the 6220 then saw the 6230 and thought wow same
>price more features gotta get and did in no time at all.

Of course you have!!?? - the 6230 hasn't been out for 6 months, 3 at
the most, and that's anywhere in the world!
--
Munch
Anonymous

> >Had mine for 6 months had no problem getting one back then, that was
after
> >trying a motorola and then the 6220 then saw the 6230 and thought wow
same
> >price more features gotta get and did in no time at all.
>
> Of course you have!!?? - the 6230 hasn't been out for 6 months, 3 at
> the most, and that's anywhere in the world!
> --
> Munch

I bought mine on the 9th April from the CPW, so that's 4 months at
least...no waiting then, possibly just got lucky..
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 8:05:16 PM

"ChrisM" <chris_mayers_blue@Suede.Yahoo.com> wrote in message

snip

> Hmm, sounds like you've had troubles! I WOULD be pissed off if I had had
all
> that hasle!
>
> Ringing speaker dieing: Not much I can say about that, other than S***
> Happens...
>
> 4-way joystick - yea it is a bit tricky, but I find it easier than the
> little joystick on the T610/630.
> (If you set-up 'Inbox' as the top option of your 'Goto' lefthand 'SoftKey'
> thet will rrduce the amount of joystick twiddling you need to do to read
> your messages)

i have that , but i have to look through the messages all the time as all my
work comes
by SMS , so at each job i need to check addresses , faults, and info of the
job
so it is used all day everyday

> No real problems with the radio, maybe I'm lucky and live near a good
strong
> signal.

doesnt matter where i use it still the same

> I don't use a bluetooth carkit, only bluetooth for file transfer, so can't
> comment.
> As for bluetooth battery life, I assume you keep BT on all the time? I
think
> (and I'm prepared to be corrected here) that this would drain the battery
> quite quickly on any phone.

quite possibly , maybe in the future they will be less power hungry

> You understand I'm trying to defend my choice in buying one here... but I
> guess the more complex and feature-ridden phones get, the more likely it
is
> that things will go wrong...
>
> Hope you get to love it ;-)

not yet , maybe if i paid for it i would

but i do like the speaker phone aspect , that is one good thing about it
so when i am on a job i can talk and still work , but people start looking
at me strangely ;)

!