NO 6230's!

God the 6230 must be a popular phone, I've been nagging o2 for an upgrade
for two weeks, STILL no 6230's in stock!

Pretty much every other phone is - i.e. the 6600 and the SE 700i!

Anyone else having this problem?
8 answers Last reply
More about 6230

    I picked up one at the Schiphol Duty Free store. It is very very sweet.

    "The Kontaminator" <the.kontaminator@FUntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > God the 6230 must be a popular phone, I've been nagging o2 for an upgrade
    > for two weeks, STILL no 6230's in stock!
    >
    > Pretty much every other phone is - i.e. the 6600 and the SE 700i!
    >
    > Anyone else having this problem?

    think yourself lucky then

    go and find something else

    wish I didn't have mine as a company phone , pain in the arse and also been
    for repair twice already

    "The Kontaminator" <the.kontaminator@FUntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > God the 6230 must be a popular phone, I've been nagging o2 for an upgrade
    > for two weeks, STILL no 6230's in stock!
    >
    > Pretty much every other phone is - i.e. the 6600 and the SE 700i!
    >
    > Anyone else having this problem?

    > wish I didn't have mine as a company phone , pain in the arse and also
    been
    > for repair twice already

    Really?
    I've had mine for over month now, and no real problems at all. What is it
    that you don't like about it? Any ideas why it needed to go in for repairs?
    (obviously it was broken, but what was wrong?)
    Most reports I've read have been quite favourable, there are a few bugs in
    the current firmware but nothing that amounts to much more than a mild
    irritation (on general consensus).
    On balance is it (IMO) a very well specced phone with some good features
    that also does the basics well, (and looks quite nice too).

    Maybe I'm biased because I choose and paid for mine myself rather than it
    being imposed on me by my company...?

    Cheers,

    ChrisM.

    --
    Please remove shoes to reply

    But what ... is it good for?
    - Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,
    commenting on the microchip.

    Had mine for 6 months had no problem getting one back then, that was after
    trying a motorola and then the 6220 then saw the 6230 and thought wow same
    price more features gotta get and did in no time at all.

    I got mine in Italy there are plenty 324Euros. GPSR-Edge great, camara, video
    and MMS card. Joy-stick have to get use to it.

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:06:29 +0100, "Joe" <joe_g_g(spam)@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Had mine for 6 months had no problem getting one back then, that was after
    >trying a motorola and then the 6220 then saw the 6230 and thought wow same
    >price more features gotta get and did in no time at all.

    Of course you have!!?? - the 6230 hasn't been out for 6 months, 3 at
    the most, and that's anywhere in the world!
    --
    Munch

    > >Had mine for 6 months had no problem getting one back then, that was
    after
    > >trying a motorola and then the 6220 then saw the 6230 and thought wow
    same
    > >price more features gotta get and did in no time at all.
    >
    > Of course you have!!?? - the 6230 hasn't been out for 6 months, 3 at
    > the most, and that's anywhere in the world!
    > --
    > Munch

    I bought mine on the 9th April from the CPW, so that's 4 months at
    least...no waiting then, possibly just got lucky..

    "ChrisM" <chris_mayers_blue@Suede.Yahoo.com> wrote in message

    snip

    > Hmm, sounds like you've had troubles! I WOULD be pissed off if I had had
    all
    > that hasle!
    >
    > Ringing speaker dieing: Not much I can say about that, other than S***
    > Happens...
    >
    > 4-way joystick - yea it is a bit tricky, but I find it easier than the
    > little joystick on the T610/630.
    > (If you set-up 'Inbox' as the top option of your 'Goto' lefthand 'SoftKey'
    > thet will rrduce the amount of joystick twiddling you need to do to read
    > your messages)

    i have that , but i have to look through the messages all the time as all my
    work comes
    by SMS , so at each job i need to check addresses , faults, and info of the
    job
    so it is used all day everyday

    > No real problems with the radio, maybe I'm lucky and live near a good
    strong
    > signal.

    doesnt matter where i use it still the same

    > I don't use a bluetooth carkit, only bluetooth for file transfer, so can't
    > comment.
    > As for bluetooth battery life, I assume you keep BT on all the time? I
    think
    > (and I'm prepared to be corrected here) that this would drain the battery
    > quite quickly on any phone.

    quite possibly , maybe in the future they will be less power hungry

    > You understand I'm trying to defend my choice in buying one here... but I
    > guess the more complex and feature-ridden phones get, the more likely it
    is
    > that things will go wrong...
    >
    > Hope you get to love it ;-)

    not yet , maybe if i paid for it i would

    but i do like the speaker phone aspect , that is one good thing about it
    so when i am on a job i can talk and still work , but people start looking
    at me strangely ;)

    > Cheers,
    >
    > ChrisM.

Nokia Phones