Get Rid Icons, use details

David

Hi there, I wrote the other week asking how to get rid of some of XP's
garbage in Win Explorer, i.e.. directory's on the left etc, well that's
fixed but I have upset the Rt panel as now I get Icons there instead of
details. I have repeatedly gone to My comp, win Exp, CP/Folders, etc and set
the display as req then
Folders/View/ apply to all folders , but to no avail. I have checked out all
my usual Reg hacks in HKCU\S\M\W\CV\Exp\Adv, etc, but cannot come up with
anything. So I need some help
please, how do I get rid of the icons in Explorer and get back details
permanently .
Dave

The Default for Windows XP is to remember the view settings for the 400 most
recently used folders.
Line #2 - Increase Folder View Size Limit to 8000

Set detail view for all folders (85, left column)

David wrote:
> Hi there, I wrote the other week asking how to get rid of some of XP's
> garbage in Win Explorer, i.e.. directory's on the left etc, well
> that's fixed but I have upset the Rt panel as now I get Icons there
> instead of details. I have repeatedly gone to My comp, win Exp,
> CP/Folders, etc and set the display as req then
> Folders/View/ apply to all folders , but to no avail. I have checked
> out all my usual Reg hacks in HKCU\S\M\W\CV\Exp\Adv, etc, but cannot
> come up with anything. So I need some help
> please, how do I get rid of the icons in Explorer and get back details
> permanently .
> Dave

I fro one (or another) just wish it would work.

I am sure I set a high limit (Bags is 800, I think) My Pictures has 80
folders, but every time I open a folder thumbnails get set back to icons or
details - they just won't stick

--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

"TaurArian" <taurarianREMOVECAPS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The Default for Windows XP is to remember the view settings for the 400
> most recently used folders.
> Line #2 - Increase Folder View Size Limit to 8000
>

> Set detail view for all folders (85, left column)
>
> David wrote:
>> Hi there, I wrote the other week asking how to get rid of some of XP's
>> garbage in Win Explorer, i.e.. directory's on the left etc, well
>> that's fixed but I have upset the Rt panel as now I get Icons there
>> instead of details. I have repeatedly gone to My comp, win Exp,
>> CP/Folders, etc and set the display as req then
>> Folders/View/ apply to all folders , but to no avail. I have checked
>> out all my usual Reg hacks in HKCU\S\M\W\CV\Exp\Adv, etc, but cannot
>> come up with anything. So I need some help
>> please, how do I get rid of the icons in Explorer and get back details
>> permanently .
>> Dave

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

Bags = 8000 not 800

Further info

Save Settings on Exit (Line 54)

Note: Apply to all folders does not stick:
If you are using TweakUI/Uncheck Only allow Windows Classic Shell

If you want all the Folders to open the same, in Windows Explorer, set the Folder how
you wish to have it and then go to Tools, select Folder Options, View and apply to
all Folders.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813711
Your view settings or customizations for a folder are lost or incorrect