Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cooler Fitting Problems

Last response: in CPUs
December 14, 2012 7:47:55 PM

I have a z77a-g45 mobo (1155 socket) in an Antec 1100, with some HyperX with very large heat sinks on them (t1 series). I have one RAM slot available if I need to move the cards over one, but the stock fan is very close to the RAM slots, it appears to be within a centimeter of the cards. I'm not very concerned about headroom as the 1100 seems to have plenty, but the height of my RAM's heat sinks and their proximity to the stock cooler worries me. Does anyone have experience with this board, or RAM and know what I could fit on this thing? Any help that can be given is greatly appreciated. :D 
a c 146 à CPUs
December 15, 2012 5:02:35 AM

HUMID said:
I have a z77a-g45 mobo (1155 socket) in an Antec 1100, with some HyperX with very large heat sinks on them (t1 series). I have one RAM slot available if I need to move the cards over one, but the stock fan is very close to the RAM slots, it appears to be within a centimeter of the cards. I'm not very concerned about headroom as the 1100 seems to have plenty, but the height of my RAM's heat sinks and their proximity to the stock cooler worries me. Does anyone have experience with this board, or RAM and know what I could fit on this thing? Any help that can be given is greatly appreciated. :D 

How many memory slots does your motherboard and how many are occupied? What most people do if they have four slots is move the RAM stick to the back two slots. That leaves the front to slots open and leaves plent of room for the heatsink and fan.
Score
December 15, 2012 3:33:42 PM

I have one slot open, so I can move them over one. Would a CM 212 fit easily in this setup?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 146 à CPUs
December 15, 2012 3:54:40 PM

Yes. Should have plenty of room.
December 15, 2012 7:20:35 PM

Best answer selected by HUMID.
Score
!