Sign in with
Your question

Changed Ipod format to FAT and unable to connect!

Last response: in Mac Os X
September 10, 2010 11:25:30 AM

Hello all!

So I changed my ipod format to FAT instead of FAT32, don't ask why, anyways the problem is now it will not reconnect for some weird reason, it just stays on the apple logo and i can not turn it off. Any ideas?

Thanks!
September 10, 2010 11:59:02 AM

If you've actually changed the format from FAT32 to plain FAT (not VFAT) then you will have lost any long filenames. This could be what is preventing the iPod from running. What about doing a restore to return it to its factory setup?
m
l
September 10, 2010 1:41:10 PM

Ijack said:
If you've actually changed the format from FAT32 to plain FAT (not VFAT) then you will have lost any long filenames. This could be what is preventing the iPod from running. What about doing a restore to return it to its factory setup?

the problem is i cannot do anything, whether it be connecting it or doing something to the Ipod itself.
m
l
Related resources
September 10, 2010 2:37:17 PM

Ah, that is a problem. I'd suggest taking the battery out to power it down, but I believe that Apple have a policy of making the batteries non-removable. Have a look at this thread and see if it helps at all.
m
l
September 11, 2010 2:12:28 AM

Ijack said:
Ah, that is a problem. I'd suggest taking the battery out to power it down, but I believe that Apple have a policy of making the batteries non-removable. Have a look at this thread and see if it helps at all.

hey thanks for the help, I let it completely discharge and then reconnected it and it worked, thanks a lot for your help!

I did not think i would be able to solve the problem like that!

Keep up the good help!
m
l
!