Sign in with
Your question

New to this and need some advice

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 14, 2012 10:48:02 PM

Hello All,
I am in need of some advice. I am wanting to build a computer that I can play my Diablo2, Diablo 3, destop Dyno, and surf the web. I am not for sure on what to use for the CPU and motherboard. I dont need something high end, but I don't want to wait all day for a program to load. Any ideas, thoughts, comments, will be greatly appreciated! THank you!

Sincerely,
Dave

More about : advice

a b à CPUs
December 14, 2012 10:50:17 PM

Budget would help ?
m
l
December 16, 2012 12:40:53 PM

redneckpanic said:
Hello All,
I am in need of some advice. I am wanting to build a computer that I can play my Diablo2, Diablo 3, destop Dyno, and surf the web. I am not for sure on what to use for the CPU and motherboard. I dont need something high end, but I don't want to wait all day for a program to load. Any ideas, thoughts, comments, will be greatly appreciated! THank you!

Sincerely,
Dave

Most any contemporary CPU and motherboard should be sufficient to run your game. I'd look at the problem in parts.
What is contemporary though on:
how much CPU is useful
how fast the storage needs to be
how much and fast should the memory be
Would the application benefit from a GPU

I'd look for:
a low end 'i' processor with good price to performance ratio and the best bus (socket) you can afford.
A motherboard that has great reviews and high volume sales
enough memory for the application
GPU is indicated - they are getting really cheap
add a small SSD if storage/boot times are critical.

You might do well to shop for a machine that meets the needs, rather than build from scratch.
A good manufacturer will vet components and comparability issue - largely because they don't want to hear about complaints.
A machine a few years old with great reviews would catch my eye...
m
l
!