G

Hi. After reading a few posts on teh forum here it ONCE AGAIN hits me how irritating ppl can be!! I just bought a VERY VERY NICE Creative 32x12x10, decided to check out what ppl are saying and as per usual there are POINTLESS pieces of advice like "I'd go for Yamaha or Plextor". I know these are great, but come on. WHY would you go for them?? HOW do you know they're better than the Creative? Proof??? Not seen one single bit of evidence why these drives are better than the Creative. I even saw one post stating "I've heard bad things about them". Oh YES?? WHAT bad things did you hear and are you SURE it was the 32x12x10 (which has BURN Proof).
Im my tests, so far, I find I can burn 660meg in 6 minutes 30 seconds which seems fine to me. Sorry for the long, negative post, but if you HAVEN'T any experience with the Creative, or don't know someone CLOSELY who does then you can't seriously offer buying advice. Sorry, it just irritates the hell out of me seeing advice from "catalogue experts". On the other hand, if you DO have experience with the Creative 32x12x10, I'd certaily be interested in hearing.

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Dude, I have seen the same in all the forums! It torques my gears every once and awhile but then I remember that everyone has there own opinion! One thing you have to remember is that opinions are like a** holes, everyone's got one! Doesn't mean they have it right or that they have proof, just that they have selective hearing!

Sorry!

<font color=red>"Can you deal with that!"</font color=red>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
If you read my post, I'd agree with you that they are indeed great burners. I tested it for my sister by burning 15 700mb files <i>in a row</i> without any errors, underruns, etc.--average time was around 7 minutes. I would buy one for myself (if I need to replace my old burner), because I can't afford the more expensive yamahas and plextors.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

FatBurger

Illustrious
You raise a good point. I'm not a hardware reviewer who gets free stuff all the time though, so I can't exactly have personal experience with every piece of hardware out there. I have to go on other people's reviews and opinions. If I see two people complaining about a Creative burner, and three people saying they like their Ricoh, then I'll recommend Ricoh over Creative.

I'll never lie, I can be unintentionally misleading at times because I don't want to write huge posts on a simple topic. So if someone asks what a good burner is, I'll tell them I love my Teac, I've had good experiences with an LG/Goldstar, and I've heard good things (from friends and reviewers) about Plextor, Yamaha, Ricoh, etc. If someone asks for more detail, I'll gladly give them more detail, or say that I don't know for sure and wait for someone who does.

For every piece of hardware, there are people who love it, hate it and are impartial. I try to judge based on what everyone says.

Now, most importantly, most people who ask for advice on this forum (except for asking which is better between two things), have no clue, so I try to point them in the right direction. Also, they'd most likely be happy with a lot of things. People with no expectations aren't generally picky, if that makes sense.

If that offends you, I'm sorry. But that's the best I can do, and I hate to see people go unhelped on this board.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

G

Well, great to see these responses and opinions. I guess it just irked me last night when I was trolling thru the forum. Not jus tthis forum in particular as was pointed out, it's a common thing on all forums :)
Maybe it's also a case of me having bought this burner and not wanting to see negative feedback on it.... nah :)
Though it's interesting, after having done about 4.5hrs research to find the Creative 32x12x10 is a rebadged Plextor 1210T. Bearing that in mind, it can't be bad. I also should be happy there aren't ANY posts on the forum saying anything BAD about the drive, in fact Stick_E_Mouse agrees with my opinion on the particular drive I bought. It was just the unsupported comments of "I'd go with X or Y" with no rhyme or reason why. I think I'm over it now tho...heh

FatBurger

Illustrious
when I was trolling thru the forum

Bad choice of a verb :)

Hey, thanks for letting us know that the Creative is the same as the Plextor. Someone mentioned that, but wasn't sure. Interesting news.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am give advice base on my experience with the CDRWs I have or my friends have. I had brought 4 CDRWs for myself and at least 36 CDRWs for my friends in past 3 years. I have experience with Yamaha, Plextor, Sony, HP, Ricoh, and Philips. I suggest Yamaha or Plextor drive because I and my friends have good experience with them. Althought I did not try Creative's cdrw and a lot other brands but I think this are the two I am going to suggest other people to buy.

I would not rate something I just buy "VERY VERY NICE". Since you just use it once or twice you cannot tell if it will last long or is there any problem with the drive. I post here before I purchase a Philips CDRW and the drive seems work fine. I purchase it because it is one of the few drive the can backup sony playstation cds. I find out two month later some of the files it back up was corrupted and it did not give any error message. I just find out that Philips drive does not work with some cheap cdr disc and that is about two and half month after purchase the drive. Me and my friend each purchased a HP 7200i CDRW. Both drives failed about 6 month later. My friend brought an IBM 30 gig 75 GXP hard drive. It was one of the fastest IDE hard drive at the time but failed in 4 month. I think it definily take a few month to see if something is actually "VERY VERY NICE".

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by upec on 08/17/01 02:33 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
WHy would I not buy a Creative drive? Simple! Who makes the drive? You see, Creative gets all their drives from vairious manufacturers, Panasonic, Samsung, and others(Lite on? LG electonics?). Now I know as a fact that Samsung drives have durability problems. Panasonic makes good drives, but do they make a CDRW? Anyway, when you buy from the drive manufacturer at least you know what your getting! And the prices between Creative's drives and the ones carrying the manufacturers lables are similar, with the manufacturer's lable usually beig just a little cheaper.

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!