CPU for REASON 6.5

yottabytes

Honorable
May 27, 2012
I will be building a system this christmas for a DAW (propellarhead reason 6.5) In this case would it benefit me to get the FX-8530 over the I5-3570K? I do play games but its only League of Legends and WOW so, really gaming shouldnt even be a factor in the decision. I did not consider the i7 cause Im not up to paying an extra 100$

I know the 8530 is better for video encoding but this will be audio encoding so,, I mean???? If anyone has experience with DAWS and if they would take advantage of the 8 core AMD please let me know thanks..

rjackowens

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

Most games currently don't support more than 4 CPU cores. I wouldn't get anything with hyper-threading either because it actually lowers FPS in some games. Get with the 3570K as it is a great proc and perfectly fine for gaming.

Scott_D_Bowen

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Audio encoding relies on FPU performance and the AMD-FX8350 only has one third to - one quarter the FPU grunt compared to the Core i7 3000 series.

- The FPU is shared, SMT style, between each pair of cpu 'cores'. (It's just AMD SMT or AMD HyperThreading, which they can't call it due it being an Intel trademark).
- In other words it's really only a quad-core CPU, with 4 (not 8) underpowered FPU's at it's heart.

If you like I can get the schematics of good/bad CPUs with decent FPU performance to help demonstrate, but I think you just want a quick'n'easy answer.

yottabytes

Honorable
May 27, 2012
Im not interested in paying 100 more for the i7. And its clear in bechmaks that the 8350 performs better in video encoding than the i5 3570k. All i was asking if the same advatage holds true for audio encoding. Maybe i phrased my original question wrong caus i keep getting answers that are off target from what I asked I do apreciate the responses though.

Please I dont want to hear anything about the i7. 8530 vs 3570k with audio encoding.. here is the program I will be using.

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/

rjackowens

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

Ya sorry about that. Just say League of Legends and WOW and jumped to a conclusion. Better read thoroughly thou the question next time.