6600, can't delete one particular message.

I downloaded a theme, and sent it to my 600 via bluetooth. I've done this plenty
of times before. The theme installed fine, but I can't delete it from my inbox.
If I try, I get this:

General:
Already in use

I've succesfully moved it to a folder, so it doesn't bug me so much, but I can't
delete it from there either...

any ideas?

Firmware 3.42.1

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
7 answers Last reply
More about 6600 delete message

    Christopher Pollard wrote:
    > I downloaded a theme, and sent it to my 600 via bluetooth. I've done this plenty
    > of times before. The theme installed fine, but I can't delete it from my inbox.
    > If I try, I get this:
    >
    > General:
    > Already in use
    >
    > I've succesfully moved it to a folder, so it doesn't bug me so much, but I can't
    > delete it from there either...
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > Firmware 3.42.1
    >
    > Chris Pollard

    At first you should find a way to upgrade the firmware in a Nokia center
    .. The last version (as far as I know) is 4.09.1
    Also, it is possible that the message is really in use. Press and hold
    the 'Action' key (below the 'Green' button and above the 'Pencil'
    button). It will show after 2 seconds a menu at the top left corner with
    active application. You can then move down to any active application and
    press the 'ok' button to switch to that application. From there you can
    use the 'Exit' or 'Stop' button

    --
    JScoobyCed
    What about a JScooby snack Shaggy ? ... Shaggy ?!

    Try this.
    Use Fexplorer, find the file and delete it.

    My daughter got a 6600 last week and she had the same problem so i used the above way to delete it.
    She has the latest firmware on her's and im still on 3.49.1 and ive never had it happen 2 me.

    THE BLACKPANTHER

    On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:23:45 +0700, JScoobyCed <pim@pam.poum> wrote:

    >Also, it is possible that the message is really in use.

    It isn't. all that's running is 'Telephone', presumably I don't want to stop
    that...
    I presume a s/w update will clear out everything, so it might do the trick.
    Better back it up first thiough.

    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:24:54 GMT, Blackpanther <noaddress@spamfree.co.uk> wrote:

    >Use Fexplorer, find the file and delete it.

    OK, I installed fexplorer, but how do I know which file it is? I found some in
    c:\system\mail but I can't view them to work out which file it is, and I can't
    view the properties of the message to check the date to match it up...

    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    > OK, I installed fexplorer, but how do I know which file it is? I found some in
    > c:\system\mail but I can't view them to work out which file it is, and I can't
    > view the properties of the message to check the date to match it up...

    Ok, you are in the right folder,
    you just need to look through EVERY folder till you see it.
    There will be folders named 1, 2, 3, etc go in each one and some may have sub folders with names like "001004d7_f"
    Look in them as well, you will no when you get to it as it will show the file name like "whatever theme.sis" then delete it.
    Dont give up, it is in there, you just not looked at all the folders.

    PS it will only be in c:\system\mail (then any sub folders) directory so dont look anywhere else!

    THE BLACKPANTHER

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:36:32 GMT, Blackpanther <noaddress@spamfree.co.uk> wrote:

    >Dont give up, it is in there, you just not looked at all the folders.

    Found it! Thanks.
    Now where's that haystack, there's a needle in it somewhere...

    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    Excellant stuff I've had same problem took a bit of time but found the
    bugger!!

    Thanks!!!

    "Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:36:32 GMT, Blackpanther <noaddress@spamfree.co.uk>
    wrote:

    > >Dont give up, it is in there, you just not looked at all the folders.
    >
    > Found it! Thanks.
    > Now where's that haystack, there's a needle in it somewhere...
    >

    > Chris Pollard
    >
    > --
    > CG Internet café, Tagum City, Philippines
    > http://www.cginternet.net

Nokia