6600, can't delete one particular message.

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
August 9, 2004 5:43:47 PM

I downloaded a theme, and sent it to my 600 via bluetooth. I've done this plenty
of times before. The theme installed fine, but I can't delete it from my inbox.
If I try, I get this:

General:
Already in use

I've succesfully moved it to a folder, so it doesn't bug me so much, but I can't
delete it from there either...

any ideas?

Firmware 3.42.1

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net

More about : 6600 delete message

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 5:43:48 PM

Christopher Pollard wrote:
> I downloaded a theme, and sent it to my 600 via bluetooth. I've done this plenty
> of times before. The theme installed fine, but I can't delete it from my inbox.
> If I try, I get this:
>
> General:
> Already in use
>
> I've succesfully moved it to a folder, so it doesn't bug me so much, but I can't
> delete it from there either...
>
> any ideas?
>
> Firmware 3.42.1
>
> Chris Pollard

At first you should find a way to upgrade the firmware in a Nokia center
.. The last version (as far as I know) is 4.09.1
Also, it is possible that the message is really in use. Press and hold
the 'Action' key (below the 'Green' button and above the 'Pencil'
button). It will show after 2 seconds a menu at the top left corner with
active application. You can then move down to any active application and
press the 'ok' button to switch to that application. From there you can
use the 'Exit' or 'Stop' button

--
JScoobyCed
What about a JScooby snack Shaggy ? ... Shaggy ?!

Try this.
Use Fexplorer, find the file and delete it.

My daughter got a 6600 last week and she had the same problem so i used the above way to delete it.
She has the latest firmware on her's and im still on 3.49.1 and ive never had it happen 2 me.

THE BLACKPANTHER
August 9, 2004 9:04:52 PM

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 13:23:45 +0700, JScoobyCed <pim@pam.poum> wrote:

>Also, it is possible that the message is really in use.

It isn't. all that's running is 'Telephone', presumably I don't want to stop
that...
I presume a s/w update will clear out everything, so it might do the trick.
Better back it up first thiough.

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 9:02:59 PM

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:24:54 GMT, Blackpanther <noaddress@spamfree.co.uk> wrote:

>Use Fexplorer, find the file and delete it.

OK, I installed fexplorer, but how do I know which file it is? I found some in
c:\system\mail but I can't view them to work out which file it is, and I can't
view the properties of the message to check the date to match it up...

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
August 10, 2004 9:36:32 PM

> OK, I installed fexplorer, but how do I know which file it is? I found some in
> c:\system\mail but I can't view them to work out which file it is, and I can't
> view the properties of the message to check the date to match it up...

Ok, you are in the right folder,
you just need to look through EVERY folder till you see it.
There will be folders named 1, 2, 3, etc go in each one and some may have sub folders with names like "001004d7_f"
Look in them as well, you will no when you get to it as it will show the file name like "whatever theme.sis" then delete it.
Dont give up, it is in there, you just not looked at all the folders.

PS it will only be in c:\system\mail (then any sub folders) directory so dont look anywhere else!

THE BLACKPANTHER
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 2:29:15 PM

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:36:32 GMT, Blackpanther <noaddress@spamfree.co.uk> wrote:

>Dont give up, it is in there, you just not looked at all the folders.

Found it! Thanks.
Now where's that haystack, there's a needle in it somewhere...

Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 2:29:16 PM

Excellant stuff I've had same problem took a bit of time but found the
bugger!!

Thanks!!!

!