I Worm Bagel

May 1, 2005 7:03:58 AM

Running Xp Home, Dell, P-4 1.3 Ghz, 512.

Today AVG Virus Program popped up Virus Detected I Worm/Bagel in:

C\System Volume
Information\_restore{68AB3E9C-9505-497B-B599-8B6F64954AFA}\RP425\A0113486.exe

I followed the procedure the Microsoft website has to open/view System
Volume Information folders in XP Home. For some reason, possibly the virus,
I cannot look at System Volume Information. It does not seem to be causing
a problem yet as AVG seems to have it contained. However, I would like to
remove it if possible. Any ideas?

George

More about : worm bagel

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 7:03:59 AM

George wrote:
> Running Xp Home, Dell, P-4 1.3 Ghz, 512.
>
> Today AVG Virus Program popped up Virus Detected I Worm/Bagel in:
>
> C\System Volume
> Information\_restore{68AB3E9C-9505-497B-B599-8B6F64954AFA}\RP425\A0113486.exe
>
> I followed the procedure the Microsoft website has to open/view System
> Volume Information folders in XP Home. For some reason, possibly the
> virus, I cannot look at System Volume Information. It does not seem
> to be causing a problem yet as AVG seems to have it contained.
> However, I would like to remove it if possible. Any ideas?

(This, of course, will erase any previous restore point you have.)

- Turn off System Restore.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405
- Reboot.
- Turn on System Restore.