I Worm Bagel

Running Xp Home, Dell, P-4 1.3 Ghz, 512.

Today AVG Virus Program popped up Virus Detected I Worm/Bagel in:

C\System Volume
Information\_restore{68AB3E9C-9505-497B-B599-8B6F64954AFA}\RP425\A0113486.exe

I followed the procedure the Microsoft website has to open/view System
Volume Information folders in XP Home. For some reason, possibly the virus,
I cannot look at System Volume Information. It does not seem to be causing
a problem yet as AVG seems to have it contained. However, I would like to
remove it if possible. Any ideas?

George
1 answer Last reply
More about worm bagel

    George wrote:
    > Running Xp Home, Dell, P-4 1.3 Ghz, 512.
    >
    > Today AVG Virus Program popped up Virus Detected I Worm/Bagel in:
    >
    > C\System Volume
    > Information\_restore{68AB3E9C-9505-497B-B599-8B6F64954AFA}\RP425\A0113486.exe
    >
    > I followed the procedure the Microsoft website has to open/view System
    > Volume Information folders in XP Home. For some reason, possibly the
    > virus, I cannot look at System Volume Information. It does not seem
    > to be causing a problem yet as AVG seems to have it contained.
    > However, I would like to remove it if possible. Any ideas?

    (This, of course, will erase any previous restore point you have.)

    - Turn off System Restore.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405
    - Reboot.
    - Turn on System Restore.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405
    - Make a Manual Restoration Point.
    http://snipurl.com/68nx

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Configuration Virus Windows XP Worm Microsoft