Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Cpu

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
December 15, 2012 3:11:30 AM

Hey guys,
I gt an i7 3930k with a EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme - Intel 2011 and a EK water block. I got the Swifteck 220 drive res.3...
My average idle temps are around 44c with core 4 being higher than all the rest, around 46c. This is according to Speedfan. My bios says the cpu is 49c-50c on idle. stock conditions
Either way aren't these temps way to high for idle?
I read they should be around 37c.
Do you think I messed up installing the EK-TIM?
You would think with watercooling my temps would be at least the average -of 37c, is that average?

questions/comments/answers

thanks, Josh

More about : cpu

a c 156 à CPUs
December 15, 2012 3:36:22 AM

patterj7 said:
Hey guys,
I gt an i7 3930k with a EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme - Intel 2011 and a EK water block. I got the Swifteck 220 drive res.3...
My average idle temps are around 44c with core 4 being higher than all the rest, around 46c. This is according to Speedfan. My bios says the cpu is 49c-50c on idle. stock conditions
Either way aren't these temps way to high for idle?
I read they should be around 37c.
Do you think I messed up installing the EK-TIM?
You would think with watercooling my temps would be at least the average -of 37c, is that average?

questions/comments/answers

thanks, Josh

It's not to high but it is high for idle especially for watercooling. Are you sure you can use the Indigo Exteme "pad" with that water block. Also Indigo extreme has a special re-flow process to get it to work right did you follow the instructions? Lastly did are you sure the water block is on right and fully seated?
m
l
December 17, 2012 3:20:20 PM

Hello, thanks for reply!
Here's the thing, I have a totally new pc and had to leak test the loop, install windows, drivers for mb, gpu... totally set-up my whole pc! Before I could even download Speedfan and Prime 95. Took hours, and was my first pc so took even longer. So that whole time my cpu didn't really have a good connection because I could not do the burn in right away and the temps were like 80c for like 1-2 days. But after all that I did follow instructions the right way.
The block is down tight and I also have the Maelstrom and it says water temp is 29c-31c. My room is about 75f .
m
l
Related resources
December 17, 2012 3:22:38 PM

The water block is an EK waterbock and the TIM is EK so I presume it's compatible... it covers the whole thing
m
l
a c 156 à CPUs
December 17, 2012 4:55:40 PM

patterj7 said:
Hello, thanks for reply!
Here's the thing, I have a totally new pc and had to leak test the loop, install windows, drivers for mb, gpu... totally set-up my whole pc! Before I could even download Speedfan and Prime 95. Took hours, and was my first pc so took even longer. So that whole time my cpu didn't really have a good connection because I could not do the burn in right away and the temps were like 80c for like 1-2 days. But after all that I did follow instructions the right way.
The block is down tight and I also have the Maelstrom and it says water temp is 29c-31c. My room is about 75f .

You have to do it right from the start. You can't apply Indigo Extreme turn the computer on and off a couple times then do the reflow process. The metalic stuff inside the pad probably didn't re-flow right. It probably partially re-flowed when you were testing. I would re-do the Indigo "pad" with a fresh one or just use regular, good quality thermal paste. Also make sure the pump is working right.

m
l