Intel G45/G43 graphics card compatibility

So I've been doing A LOT of research preparing to upgrade my computer's GPU and I've narrowed it down to one card; the GeForce GTX 550 ti. My question is if my motherboard could even support it. If you need anymore specs, I can provide them. Right off the top of my head, it's an Inspiron 560 with 3GB RAM and a 3.2 dual core Pentium. Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about intel graphics card compatibility
  1. Hi

Your motherboard will support that card, but the power supply is only 300W, You'll need to upgrade the power supply to a quality 500W or greater unit if you want to use the GTX550 Ti.
    Also your PC's CPU is fairly weak and will limit the full performance of a GTX550 Ti in most games.
  2. Oops! Forgot to mention I'm upgrading the power supply before the graphics. And yes, a Pentium is pretty weak. But as long as I can play most games Medium-High 30-40 FPS, I think it's OK
  3. gman_42 said:
    Oops! Forgot to mention I'm upgrading the power supply before the graphics. And yes, a Pentium is pretty weak. But as long as I can play most games Medium-High 30-40 FPS, I think it's OK

Oh right cool, seems like your all set then ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics