Sign in with
Your question

No GPU after sleep

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 10, 2012 2:53:52 PM

Hi i have this weird problem with my GPU it satrted yesterday i closed my laptop (Acer Aspire 8930) when i came back and opened it to turn it on it had powered off it was plugged in so i though somthing was up anyways i powered it up and it had reverted back to the generic gpu so i though my GPU driver had crashed. So i went to nivida to get the lastest driver proceeded to try to install it when i tyred it said it couldnt find compatable hardware so then i though my GPU was dead. I then tryed a restart to see if anything would change and it did my GPU was bback in action so its not dead. But now any time i close my laptop it will not sleep it hibernates and the same thing happens all the time and somtimes when i try to restart it will hang after closing windows i have to hit the power button to kill it. I tryed a system restore as i had installed some software this did not help. Im baffaled as to what the problem is any help would be greatly appreciated.

GPU: Nivida 9600m gs

More about : gpu sleep

June 10, 2012 3:00:55 PM

Probably a driver issue. I have had great luck with Secunia PSI. It's a free download and will scan your system for driver updates. Works great! Good luck
June 10, 2012 3:30:53 PM

Driver issue not sure i did install the latest and rolled back to its orignal. Ok ill try disabling sleep mode but thing is my comp is not sleeping its going into hibernate mode instead of sleeping.
June 10, 2012 3:34:55 PM

And really i was looking to find out what the problem is to fix it not just find a way around it
!