lenses for 20D and 5D

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
August 25, 2005 4:20:37 AM

I assume the lenses will be interchangeable between the 20D and 5D ?

More about : lenses 20d

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 10:18:06 AM

Some yes, some no. EF yes, EF-S no.

<Tom> wrote in message news:55lqg1tmc3i145pv7ag27vvcf2ei6geuj7@4ax.com...
>I assume the lenses will be interchangeable between the 20D and 5D ?
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 10:36:48 AM

<Tom> wrote in message news:55lqg1tmc3i145pv7ag27vvcf2ei6geuj7@4ax.com...
>I assume the lenses will be interchangeable between the 20D and 5D ?

EF-S will work on 20D only; EF will work on both.

Mark
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:34:12 AM

I doubt that the 10-22 will. Set to work with smaller sensor

Tom wrote:

> I assume the lenses will be interchangeable between the 20D and 5D ?
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:34:08 AM

"Mark B." <mbohntrash54@comcast.net> wrote in message
> <Tom> wrote in message news:55lqg1tmc3i145pv7ag27vvcf2ei6geuj7@4ax.com...
>>I assume the lenses will be interchangeable between the 20D and 5D ?
>
> EF-S will work on 20D only

Wrong. EF-S works on 300D and 350D, too.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:34:09 AM

"Dave R knows who" <kilbyfan@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message

> "Mark B." <mbohntrash54@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> <Tom> wrote in message news:55lqg1tmc3i145pv7ag27vvcf2ei6geuj7@4ax.com...
>>>I assume the lenses will be interchangeable between the 20D and 5D ?
>>
>> EF-S will work on 20D only
>
> Wrong. EF-S works on 300D and 350D, too.

No kidding. I was replying strictly to the question of lens compatability
between the 20D & 5D.

Mark
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:36:02 AM

<Tom> wrote in message news:55lqg1tmc3i145pv7ag27vvcf2ei6geuj7@4ax.com...
>I assume the lenses will be interchangeable between the 20D and 5D ?

No, but you would think so since Canon says in its whitepaper the two
cameras are to be owned by the same people, inferring that these type of
people need both.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 2:58:51 AM

> <Tom> wrote in message news:55lqg1tmc3i145pv7ag27vvcf2ei6geuj7@4ax.com...
> >I assume the lenses will be interchangeable between the 20D and 5D ?
>
> No, but you would think so since Canon says in its whitepaper the two
> cameras are to be owned by the same people, inferring that these type of
> people need both.

I'd be happy to own both :-)
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 3:30:45 AM

Dirty Harry wrote:
> "Dave R knows who" <kilbyfan@spamnotAOL.com> wrote in message
>
>><Tom> wrote in message news:55lqg1tmc3i145pv7ag27vvcf2ei6geuj7@4ax.com...
>>
>>>I assume the lenses will be interchangeable between the 20D and 5D ?
>>
>>No, but you would think so since Canon says in its whitepaper the two
>>cameras are to be owned by the same people, inferring that these type of
>>people need both.
>

> I'd be happy to own both :-)

I am less greedy, just give me a 5D!
!