Sign in with
Your question

Final build list, suggestions

Last response: in Systems
August 1, 2012 11:26:47 AM

im using it to record tv, games

Is it better to use crossfire or 1 card?

Im guessing I need a cooler if I overclock

Suggestions please, power supply ok?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dzes
August 1, 2012 11:28:19 AM

By the way I have a tv tuner card hvr-2250
m
l
August 1, 2012 11:30:31 AM

Follow the build advice sticky next time ;) 

That PSU is good.
Xfire or single, all on you. Sometimes, Xfiring two mid-end cards give the performance of a beast video card. (7970 or a card like that.)
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
August 1, 2012 1:09:33 PM

Hey there,

It is always advised to get a single video card if you can get anywhere near the price/performance level that you want with it. Crossfire software has improved a ton, but still simply has more challenges than a single card - including more heat and etc.

The PSU seems to be out of stock. You don't really need a PSU that large anyhow - even for crossfire. Id suggest the Seasonic X650 gold as a way to maintain the same level of quality - just cutting 100w. (I have it - its a fantastic and silent PSU)

Finally .. do a quick scan of the deal sites (techbargains/logicbuy/etc) and newegg newsletters. You should be able to get some rebates lowering prices. In particular, I think that you should be able to find the 128gb Crucial M4 for $89-99. 64gb is barely large enough for a boot drive and not a size I would go with in a higher end build.
m
l
August 1, 2012 1:23:19 PM

Never Never Never buy 2 low end cards. Spend the $300 and buy a 570 ti or something similiar.

Also get a western digital hard drive, their warranties last a whole lot longer than anyone else.

You also might want to look at the Asrock z77 Extreme 4 motherboard, Scored the highest in its class.
m
l
August 1, 2012 1:36:35 PM

I bought the motherboard already.. :( 

Ok I will get one card. The corsair I just bought used for $60
m
l
August 1, 2012 1:36:52 PM

Nice build. My thoughts (since u asked)

1. Microcenter has great sales on 3570k & MOBO for just under $300 with tax
2. May want to consider ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
3. I would not go below 120 GB SSD ( I love my intel 180 GB !!)
4. 3570k for over clocking, but not CPU cooler. If not overclock i would not get a 'k'
5. I would go for the HD 7850 (x2 if you got the cash). If you don't have the cash, I'd buy one and wait for the other - there's always Christmas :) 

Good Luck !
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 1, 2012 2:24:14 PM

drillsar said:
I bought the motherboard already.. :( 

Ok I will get one card. The corsair I just bought used for $60

Good deal on the PSU! I'm not sure the exact warranty terms but you should look them up - that Corsair should still be covered.
m
l
!