My TJ07 is an ultra fingerprint magnet. i need help

nagasumi

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hey guys ,, i just bought a silverstone TJ07 and it's a fingerprint magnet. i can't find a way to remove those stains and its really driving me nuts.

can you guys suggest something that gets the job done ?! i tried alchohol swap on the prints and tried hand synthesizer but without any luck :/

please help out , since the prints are reducing my love to the case since it's in my face right next to the window .

thanks a bunch :)
update: here is how it kinda looks, but much worse (of course the surface of my silverstone tj07:
hp_dm4_front_291628171551.jpg

WD40 is a brand name for an aerosol for lubrication/water displacement , and it can be used to protect surfaces from fingerprint oil,
http://wd40.com/
AC90 is another version of it,
depending where in the world you are there will be an equivalent
it won't affect paint used sparingly and wiped with a cloth, you'll know if you used too much because it will leave the surface feeling greasy,

Moto

nagasumi

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
thanks guys. went ahead and got this :

KEN701.jpg

i'll see how effective it is now and will report .

couldn't find any WD-40 at all ,, hence i might get a regular oil if this doesn't work.

nagasumi

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
thanks guys,

i asked a friend and he told me where to find WD40. will go there and get a can.

so how long should a coat of it last before i wipe it ?! and does it affect the paint if i leave it long ?!

thanks again :D

thunderheck

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
It wont be corrosive because it used to free up seized up bolts and stuff like that just be careful when using it on computers my friend used once and he sprayed it on his motherboard then boom.

nagasumi

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hello guys ,, i've used WD40 on my case in three different methods , all yielded no results.

i'm starting to think that this one has fingerprit PAINT :fou:

here's the case and the WD40 used :

Case:
a2rcyo.jpg

2ns7vvc.jpg

and the WD40 is similar to this one :

Technical-multi-purpose-spray-WD-40-300-ml_enl.jpg

That doesn't look like paint to me. It looks more like anodized brushed aluminum.

The oil from the fingerprints may be in the grooves created by the brushing process.

Try using a toothbrush with pure alcohol to see if you have more success. Brush in the same direction as the brush marks in the aluminum.

Pure acetone is a superior fingerprint remover but it will also damage painted and plastic surfaces so you will have to be careful if you want to give it a try.

nagasumi

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
thanks guys. i'm in talks with the store to get a refund or a replacement . if this doesn't go well, i'll have to carbon-fiber it or paint it .

on another note, can someone link me to a good article about painting brushed metal/ cases

thanks guys for the help :)